Virginia

Can anyone recommend a good source for Marans and Wynandottes? I am in SW VA. This weekend, I got my first Wyandotte and I LOVE her.

Well I am glad you love the little escape artist. She sure did know how to disappear when I sold all her sisters and mother. When another lady came for her brothers she eacaped them too.

I know a guy that has Wyandottes. I will ask him at Church if he has any he wants to rehome. Most people cling to the girls bc they lay eggs. Everyone needs a roo to protect the girls and help them find food.

Last edited:
Yes, I'd love info! I am looking for both gold lace and silver lace. I am inclined to think I probably need one rooster in our future too.

The marans I just am curious about too for the darker egg color but I am SOOOO happy with the wyandotte you sold me :) And the little black pullet is a darling. I am rather fond of her too. So much, that I am open to Australorps too. Thank you!!

I don't know how far down the line you walked, but next time, look for a white pickup with tonneau cover, license plate is DAN4X4. he has wheaten marans, tho he doesn't always bring some with him... he breeds for quality, not quantity (he had ancona ducklings this last weekend).

I had Chocolate Orpington Bantams and Austrolorp. When Baby chicks both breeds look alike. It takes time before the Chocolate turns from black to brown. I sold you either a Chocolate Orpington Bantam or an Austrolorp to go along with the Golden Lace Wyandotte.

Marans have boots and pants. Are you sure you want all those feathers down the legs and feet? Egg color is only shell deep.

Last edited:
Oh geepers,
I forgot to say I also have Phoenix Bantams and Ohikis if your interested.

Last edited:
Hello, I buy the best quality I can get. I bought from Huckleberry Farms, Boggy Bottom Bantams last year and this year as well as a few other places.

Listen, I dont want to do myself out of a sale but wouldn't your girls love the miracle of birth? A project to do with them for the summer. You don't need to buy an expensive incubator either.
Have you heard of Boggy Bottom Bantams? He is among the top of the top, the highest quality and standards going.
Boggy Bottom Bantams sells eggs on line. I do not want to sell on line. You could contact him here directly at this site, backyard Chickens, and order on line or you can buy eggs from me at the swap if you let me know I will bring them.

All you do is:
Put eggs in foam egg carton pointy end down.
Put foam egg carton in plastic box you punched holes in and have a thermometer inside box, keep temp around 98-100 degrees.
Put a small container of clean filtered water in the plastic box.
Each morning and night gently turn the eggs slightly. I will show you exactly.
Around the 21st day the chicken eggs should start hatching. My beautiful Phoenix Bantam and Ohiki eggs I got from Boggy Bottom Bantams last year and this year went through the mail and the mail is not always gentle so the eggs that hatched are of good quality bc they came from Boggy Bottom Bantams and they are hardy bc they went thru the mail. I have excellent stock! Larger eggs sometimes take a day longer usually. Smaller eggs such as my Phoenix Bantam and Ohiki I have found are spot on.
It is a thought. To go on line and let your girls in on the ebay buying process and getting the eggs and setting them up. Hatching them and raising them from hatching. What a wonderful project. I want to encourage you to at least talk to Aubrey Webb and also check out his site and see his high standards and high quality.

It is a project of motherhood and bonding you and your 5 daughters will never forget I promise you that.

Back
Top Bottom