Virginia

Hi all,
I'm looking to rehome/give away a white face black Spanish cockerel. He is 19 weeks old. We want to rehome/give him away as he semi aggressive(won't attack just going in the coop, but will if you approach hens) and he is very vocal. Maybe a good show bird or a nice stew for someone? Located in Christiansburg. View attachment 3555014
Before you offer him to someone as a potential dinner entree, check out this website.

https://livestockconservancy.org/heritage-breeds/heritage-breeds-list/spanish-chicken/

The White Faced Black Spanish chicken is listed as "Critically Endangered" by The Livestock Conservancy. If you can spare a pullet or hen, you can probably get a decent price in show and conservation circles ... and help save a breed from possible extinction. Better yet, donate him to a 4H youngster. Your local extension office should be able to put you in touch with a local club. Good Luck!

Before you offer him to someone as a potential dinner entree, check out this website.

https://livestockconservancy.org/heritage-breeds/heritage-breeds-list/spanish-chicken/

The White Faced Black Spanish chicken is listed as "Critically Endangered" by The Livestock Conservancy. If you can spare a pullet or hen, you can probably get a decent price in show and conservation circles ... and help save a breed from possible extinction. Better yet, donate him to a 4H youngster. Your local extension office should be able to put you in touch with a local club. Good Luck!
Thanks for the info. I was able to rehome him to a person who wanted him as a show bird.

Thanks for the info. I was able to rehome him to a person who wanted him as a show bird.
That's awesome! Showing rare breeds is a great way to raise conservation awareness. I was absolutely floored to see how many animals are on the Livestock Conservancy's "Conservation Priority" list - chickens, rabbits, geese, horses. The Mammoth Jack Donkey bred by George Washington to improve our draft mules, is there. So are the Texas Longhorn, the Shire Horse, the Clydesdale, and loads of breeds from around the world. Who knew?
I raise Nankin Bantams. When we first started our serious breeding program, they were on the 'Critical" list (less than 1,000 breeding birds worldwide.) They've since moved up to Threatened (less than 5,000 - better but still in serious danger.) That's mostly due to small backyard breeders - like you, me and a load of others here on BYC - raising awareness for the breed.
So ... THANK YOU for doing your part to help save a dying breed. Good Luck!

I'm in Fauquier County and have 6 Buff Orpington pullets for sale. We hatch from our own flock. 4 of them are 10 weeks old and hand/brooder raised. The other 2 are 6 weeks old and broody raised. If anybody is interested, please let me know. Price is negotiable. Thanks.

Ryan

Good Evening Folks from Great Falls Virginia

I just made the plunge and ordered some chicks that will arrive in April. I was wondering if there were anyone is in the area that provides chicken sitting services ? Hoping to find someone local who is experienced with chickens (I have had chickens before). Anybody out there in the area that provides such a service? Looking for someone to stop and check on things in case I need to be away from home.

Thank you

Mike

I just made the plunge and ordered some chicks that will arrive in April. I was wondering if there were anyone is in the area that provides chicken sitting services ? Hoping to find someone local who is experienced with chickens (I have had chickens before). Anybody out there in the area that provides such a service? Looking for someone to stop and check on things in case I need to be away from home.

Thank you

Mike
Falls Church here, but I sadly do not provide chicken sitting services . Good luck!

Thank you

Mike
You’re not too far from me, I may be able to chicken sit at times!

Hello all!

I'm looking to rehome a male Muscovy duck in Suffolk, VA.

I have a male Muscovy duck who is about 19 months old. He is too big for my female ducks and i'm considering rehoming him. I am in Suffolk, VA. He's pretty socialized to people, follows me around all over the place (and bites my shoes at times when he is being rowdy), i'm just tired of him being way too rough with my small female ducks, I have a runner that he loves to pick on and it's starting to become a problem.

20231203_075643.jpg
20231203_075649.jpg

Hey everyone!
My family and I are looking to rehome our 4-month-old Australorp rooster. A few months ago, my family and I bought a batch of chickens from Tractor Supply being told they were all sexed females. To our surprise, we soon realized a rooster had snuck into the batch. We have talked to our local city hall about keeping him but unfortunately was turned down due to the regulations they have in place. I am hoping for some guidance or tips to ensure he's able to live the long happy, and healthy life he deserves. Please let me know if you are interested in taking him in or know somewhere that can. We're a few miles out from Richmond. He's shy but is very sweet with a bit of a goofy side.

I apologize for the two sideways pictures. I haven't figured out how to rotate them.

IMG_4563.png
IMG_3761.png
IMG_4350.jpeg

Is anyone in the Northern Virginia area or surrounding area that may be interested in taking a rooster? I have a two little guys who needs to be re-homed. Let me know if you’re interested! Pictures attached :)

Attachments

• IMG_5763.jpeg
    IMG_5763.jpeg
    559 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5765.jpeg
    IMG_5765.jpeg
    672.7 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom