Virginia

just a reminder, the Roanoke swap is tomorrow... I'll be there with lots of weebies and other EE babies. 2 gold laced wyandottes, 1 (slightly) silver laced 'dotte (all pullets I think).

I'll also have one of my sfh roos with me... need to thin them down some. keeping 2, and I have another baby that I think will be roo. but he'll stay for now.

anyways, anyone comes by, stop and visit... I get to drive a/c tomorrow YAY! so i'll have the trailer. not sure how i'm going to set up anything yet, first time with a non-truck. but it'll be practice for gilmanor (2 months away!)

Yes, I think they're called Boothby's Blond - or something like that. Prolific little buggers!!! I'll give you a bucket full and you can save the seeds... I MIGHT even have some left in the packet.. have to check. I've got a bunch of those and some straight eight's cut into long quarters soaking tonight to make sweet pickle spears tomorrow. By the way, have to stop by the store tonight and see if yall have some sugar and ACV (and to ask about meds for my snotty hen).

You'll have to catch me in the morning ;)
Have some Tylan 50 and duramycin here if you need it, though I can swing by tomorrow for a bit and give her a once over if you want.

I know there were some people possibly interested in some Weeble babies... just thought i'd let you know that I have a BUNCH of them. (25-30). so PLEASE! help me out here. LOL the brooder's getting over crowded and it's still too muddy to put them out in the baby pen.

a number of the chicks will be crested like Weebs, some have his fuzzy legs, others are clean legged. there are a few dorking/ee chicks like the one that just laid bulldogma's beautiful blue egg she posted about (on fb and my bst thread).

Sooooo wish I had room for more this year. I want some blue or green eggs so bad! The coop is full this year until the winter expansion of the run. Then room for MORE IN THE SPRING! Next year is going to be ALL about colored eggs and/or blue feathers!

Sooooo wish I had room for more this year. I want some blue or green eggs so bad! The coop is full this year until the winter expansion of the run. Then room for MORE IN THE SPRING! Next year is going to be ALL about colored eggs and/or blue feathers!
ok how about blue eggs WITH blue feathers? I've got a pullet out of this hen, by a dorking roo, looks JUST like her momma (who I lost over the winter thanks to destructo-pony aka blind mare Grace) except she's got more of a salmon shaded breast, like the dorkings get.

and this girl, picked up at a swap... NO idea about the black head, but she's definitely blue...

oh and the fact that Weeb's a splash, so ALL of his babies are blue or splash...LOL

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom