Virginia

I'm up here in Stony Creek... but there's Jimmy who sets up the swap down at the Franklin TSC, Dale who lives in Franklin... there are a few people down that way I can't think to name right now, but try the swap at TSC, I think there's one on the 7th, I'll check and get back to ya!
Thanks.. we were told the tractor supply meets are the 3rd saturday if each month. here in Rocky mount... we are planning to try and go.. just to look this month i kinda already blew my new chicken budget this month. lol thanks again!!

Franklin Co. VA here looking for local chicken buddys to trade buy chickens chick eggs.
so far ive only found 2 within 1 hour (and 1 is yukky to buy from) from me theres got to be more right??
depends what breeds you're looking for.

I'm in Roanoke co (near Montgomery co line) and sell hatching eggs frequently, though everyone's on strike right now...

edit: noticed you said where you were on your profile...

Last edited:
just to update anyone new...

the swaps accessible to Roanoke are:
Christiansburg TSC First Saturdays, - not quite as large as Roanoke but usually pretty good
Roanoke TSC Third Saturdays, - the largest one in the area
Rocky Mount TSC Fourth Saturdays. - smaller than either c'burg or Roanoke

I also think there's a swap at the Roanoke/Troutville southern states, also the 4th Saturdays... I went a couple times but it was really small, just a handful of people.

Last edited:
depends what breeds you're looking for.

I'm in Roanoke co (near Montgomery co line) and sell hatching eggs frequently, though everyone's on strike right now...

edit: noticed you said where you were on your profile...
the breeds we are going to be look to get
#1 are Welsummers
#2 leg horn hens
#3 white crested black polish hens
#4 EE hens
#5 brahma
my husband loves welsummers so want to get some for him.. the others we fell into having a roo but dont have hens for or have only 1 or 2 and want more.
thanks..
(response to edit yes i live in Dugwell which is actually a Rocky Mount address which is in Franklin Co. VA........was there a question?)

Quote: well, i'll have some easter eggers at the Roanoke swap tomorrow, Dan is usually there with some welsummers (if you're coming up for sure I can call and let him know...)

there's usually a variety of other breeds, I've seen brahma occasionally, as well as polish, not sure about the leghorns tho. not a breed I care for myself. then again I try to avoid things that are white as they don't stay that way with all our red clay. LOL

if you come by the swap, look for a white(ish) standard poodle (buzzed down, no foof for us). you'll find me nearby. LOL
not sure if i'll have the truck or explorer, but I will have the tent up (tan top)

Last edited:
Thanks.. we were told the tractor supply meets are the 3rd saturday if each month. here in Rocky mount... we are planning to try and go.. just to look this month i kinda already blew my new chicken budget this month. lol thanks again!!

Well, it'd help if I looked real hard and read right..... I thought for some reason you said Franklin (city) instead of county....
he.gif
Too many hour this week at work......

the battle against coons continues. caught 1 youngish one, disposed of it yesterday. nothing in the trap today but a few wings laying on the ground... again. and the chicks were shut in their house, but must have panicked hard to have knocked the door open.

doing the same thing as weeble did last year, again after raccoons removed chicks thru 1" welded wire (piecemeal) - very much like vertigo, (remember spinning so fast as a kid you fell down?) so i'm treating them both the same as I did weeble last year. basically they're back in the brooder. some vitamins given right off and also added to the water, and an 8" foil pan with a good layer of food in it, situated in a corner. the most recent one (found this morning) is now planted in the corner (back to the wall) and every time she faceplants she starts nibbling food. and i'm dunking her beak to encourage drinking every couple hours at least.. the other I found 4 days ago, hypothermic and entirely sogged because of rain/mud. after a nice long 'bath' of running hot water (about 105-110 degrees +/-) and drying off in the hatcher for several hours, is now mobile enough that she can drink and eat fine, just a little wobbly when walking still.

no more chicks in that coop tho... the wobblers are inside in a brooder, the rest have been relocated to new homes (32 of them!) except for Mohawk... a Weeble Dorking pullet... she gets to stay.

I remember the last concussion I had, felt very similar to me, so that's what i'm going by.

Back
Top Bottom