Virginia

I'm from Midlothian, VA
Welcome to the Virginia thread of BYC!
welcome-byc.gif

well, more on the hatching front... had 3 more mille fleur cochins and 2 weebies hatched out today (EE's) the blrw is still working on it but hasn't pipped yet, and one other mfc that I think was a late quitter.

Hey All,
Every year a add a few to my flock with a goal of having a varied and colorful flock - and egg basket.
I've got 2 each of speckled sussex, silver laced wynadotte, australorp, plus a couple of marans/'lorp crosses, a wynadotte who's got lovely lacing but I'm not sure what it's called, and an EE in the typical partridge coloring.
I thought that I'd post my short "shopping list" for '14 Spring and see if anyone has or is planning to hatch any of these around March/April.

Blue Jersey Giant
Polish - just about any color
Deleware or Barred Rock
Anything with that 'Columbian' (dark neck/tail/wing tips)
and ANYTHING laying blue or green eggs

Like I said, I'm not into focusing on certain breeds. I'm still pretty new into this and have enjoyed 'trying' out different breeds. I have several 'light brown' egg layers, and some 'dark brown' layers - but I want to add blue and/or green eggs REAL BAD.

Kigot, did you post pics on the jan/feb thread?

nope. never heard of it. LOL but just found out the person who was interested in the 2 ee's can't come get them right now, so if anyone's interested, pm me. you can find a pic of weeble in my albums and on my website too.

When my mottled houdans, buff laced polish, crevecoeurs, mille fleur bearded duccles and silver sebrights start laying I will be hatching chicks. Most of the breeds should start laying around March/April since they will be 5/6 months old. They are all breeds that I wanted and made the lists for years, then was finally able to get them:)

Back
Top Bottom