Virginia

Pics
There is also a swap at TSC on Armory Drive in Franklin, VA, on Saturday, March 26. The TSC has flyers up next to the registers and the cashier that checked me out last week was VERY jazzed. I said I had nothing to sell yet, but she insisted I needed to drop by to see what everyone else would have.

The swappers are supposed to be on the grass around the parking lot. A Farm Fresh grocery store is next door and a Walmart is across the street. And a Dairy Queen, but I just look for excuses to go get a dipped cone.
wink.png

Mommysongbird wrote:

We are in a little town in Virginia named Shawsville. A lot of people don't know where we are so we tell them that we are squashed in between Blacksburg and Roanoke and as long as you travel Rt. 460 you will see us, but breifly.

Hey you're not to far from me! I'm over in Floyd. We go to Shawsville/Elliston to Big Spring Mill for our feed and scratch! Those people are so sweet! Have some friends in the Shawsville area too.
Good luck with your chickens! This is my first go at it too.​

Quote:
Hi, Mommy! I know where Shawsville is! I worked as a teaching aide at Shawsville High School, while I was at Tech.

Was your teaching recently? I guess not, you said Shawsville high school, not Eastern Montgomery.

Last edited:
Quote:
Hey you're not to far from me! I'm over in Floyd. We go to Shawsville/Elliston to Big Spring Mill for our feed and scratch! Those people are so sweet! Have some friends in the Shawsville area too.
Good luck with your chickens! This is my first go at it too.

We got some of our eggs from Floyd.

I guess I will be visting Big Spring Mill more often now, but I would like to do a non-comercial feed if there is such a thing. But we will probably end up buying from them, they are very nice there. My grandparents got everything from them, from flour to feed.

We get our flour, corn meal, cattle feed, and chicken feed there. Their prices are the best around that I've found. The 100lbs bags are the same price or less than I was paying for 50lbs bags from TSC or other places. Best luck to you! Maybe we could get together and visit. I always like meeting new "chicken" friends for chicken talk.

Back
Top Bottom