My Rhode Island Red being onrey and stealing the chciks feed

Attachments

• 38944FC7-C04C-4ACB-ADD1-7E5E04FB64A1.jpeg
    38944FC7-C04C-4ACB-ADD1-7E5E04FB64A1.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • EA111FF7-FDF8-4B11-BF5C-214F79237797.jpeg
    EA111FF7-FDF8-4B11-BF5C-214F79237797.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1
Might quite possibly be worms.My hen had worms and she sat up huffed and puffed and got tot he pint where she couldn’t pick up food not water.
Well I had a weird feeling it was worms.... The vet said she was very thin but I've been seeing her eat... At least enough for me to be under the assumption she was eating plenty. I saw her peck at the food all the time... I don't know how worms work exactly... Do they eat all the nutrition the bird intakes?

Can you send a pic to your vet with out charge?
I am hoping it is not tape worms, regular wormer does not get those guys. Did you say vet was doing a float test? If so that should be able to tell you what it is.

My prayers are with you and your ladies!

Can you send a pic to your vet with out charge?
I am hoping it is not tape worms, regular wormer does not get those guys. Did you say vet was doing a float test? If so that should be able to tell you what it is.

My prayers are with you and your ladies!
Exotic 910 aerobic c&s w/ fungal or gram

Found this nasty thing in her water... Worms?? Or something else? It was strands and stringy... But I wasn't sure so I had to pick it up for a picture. Go ahead and zoom in you can see a red line in the strandView attachment 1452259

That red line- actually looks like a human hair - see where there's a hair by your thumb? Possible she swallowed some while eating or whatever- if you pulled on it- I'm going to guess it's just a hair that got intertwined.

Could be intestinal lining.

That's what it looks like to me anyways.

Back
Top Bottom