wanna know what a hawk kill looks like? *graphic*

kari_dawn

Songster
10 Years
Nov 2, 2009
North Texas
I went inside to get some treats for my girls, came back out, and Jasmine, Candi, and Snow were missing. I found Snow. With a hawk sitting on top of her. I was too late to help her, and the worst part was, she was still warm. I was right on the other side of the wall, and I couldn't even be there to protect her.

RIP darling Snow.

P1000181.jpg

P1000177.jpg

This hawk must be STARVING. Snow was less than three feet from a wall on either side, and he still got her.

P1000192.jpg

P1000191.jpg

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I have CDs all over my yard....except on this side. There was no way to put any out there
hmm.png
:'( I need hugs.

this JUST happened...about 20 (1pm my time) minutes ago. The hawk was still eatting her when I walked up. Im pretty sure it was the hawk...the blood on the ground is still wet
sad.png
I think he would have eatten a lot more if I had not interupted him.

Update-I found Jasmine and Candi cowering waaay under the deck...at least they see me as flock leader and came back to the coop with me.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry. That's awful.

I'm in North Texas, also, and it seems to me that there are many more hawks here than there used to be. I don't free range our flock anymore in the fall or winter. A friend of ours in the neighborhood has stopped letting his homing pigeons out to stretch their wings because he was losing so many to hawks.

I don't know why we're seeing more hawks than usual, just that we seem to be.

Back
Top Bottom