Wanted -- Brahma Hen(s) -- Portland OR area

pnutj58

Chirping
9 Years
Nov 2, 2013
Pacific Northwest
I am in need of one or two Brahma hens. I had two, and one passed. Now Tilly needs a friend. Dark, light, buff, whatever, as long as it's a Brahma. I happen to like this breed very much. Tilly is 2 years old, so I'd like one that is adult sized, preferably around 1 year or so. I am hoping for about $20, give or take a few.

I live in Clark County WA and will drive to pick up the hen or hens. I am hoping to make that in about a fifty mile radius of Vancouver WA, but a little further is okay, too.

If you can help me out, please message me with. Tilly and I will greatly appreciate her having a friend again.

Thanks much.

The Oregon State fair is starting this Friday. Normally there are birds for sale and I know the past couple years I've seen Brahma's at the show. Are you looking for a bantam or a Large Fowl Brahma?

I am looking for the larger size. At this time, Tilly is all by herself. Will she be okay till Friday? I worry about her because she's a very social lady. She follows me like a puppy and "helps" me when I'm in the yard.

I don't know if you have found a partner for your little hen or not but I have an 18 week old Standard (not Banty) Brahma Rooster. He is very gentle and as is common of his breed, he doesn't crow. His color is Blue Partridge. In this color the birds carry the ability to produce blue lace, gold lace and splash offspring. His siblings are one of each.
When he was a baby,about 7weeks and I had just put them in their outside pen, his foot became trapped and was damaged severely. His leg was constantly swelling and bleeding and he could not walk on it. I brought him in the house and made him a large box bed which I sat on the couch . I had first covered the couch to protect it, then covered the cover with many layers of news paper, then topped that with many layers of Bounty paper towels. I spent many hours with him. If I left the room he would stand on the edge of the couch and call at the top of his voice for me, as a baby chick calls when they are lost. My two Newfoundlands became his Nannas when I wasn't in the room. I would take him in my lap and doctor his little foot. When I first brought him in he was so messy I gave him a bath, then wrapped him in a towel and rocked him til he was dry. He began to love our cuddle time so much it was hard to get anything done. He loved to sit on my lap with me slouched long so he could get up to my chest and stretch his little neck up along my neck, then he would wiggle his neck, nestling as close to me as he could. If I tried to leave to soon he would go into his little demand cries, so we did this quite often and for long periods. He was inside with me for 6 weeks. His leg stopped bleeding and he limped, but he could walk. Then he stopped limping and now you would never know he was ever injured. I love seeing him prance so beautifully with the others and he IS beautiful. He is a Splash, red with many other colors and on top of it all he has little white dots. I named him Sparkle because of the white dots and his wings have soft whitish grey and also the feathers on his feet are soft whitish grey.
I am looking for a family home for him. He is just so special that he needs and deserves to be pampered. My chickens have half an acre of their own pasture. He is out their with them and just as gentle to everyone as can be, even though he is twice as big.

mpyencopal -- He is beautiful, however, I brought two year-old light Brahma hens home to keep Tilly company, and am not looking for a companion anymore. One is molting now, so is looking a bit ragged.
I am sorry your rooster hurt his leg but it sounds like he got VIP treatment for it. I hope you find him a good family home. Honestly, I am not sure he could do any better than he has with you.
Thanks for thinking about me -- or Tilly. I appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom