Wanted to share a neat non-chicken picture

punkin

Songster
11 Years
Jun 18, 2008
East Tennessee
A few days ago we were cleaning up around the coop. My husband started to move a tarp and noticed this under it.
12098_lizardweggs.jpg

After looking for a couple of days, I finally got a picture of her with the eggs. This is the first time I have seen a blue tailed lizard nest. Hopefully the little ones will head northwest when they leave the nest. The coop is about 2 feet in the opposite direction.

Really nice photo! That's a blue-tailed skink. They eat insects and other little moving things. They won't hurt your chicks or your eggs.

I think she was more worried about the chickens getting the babies?! Am i right punkin?

Very cool find. My boys would have loved to see that!! I hope they make it.

Wow, what a beautiful lizard. I was so taken by it's gorgeous tail that I didn't even notice the eggs. They sure are huge for such a small lizard. Hope the babies make it.

Oh. My bad. I'm new at chickens, and I keep forgetting that they kill snakes and other living things. Mine are still just babies. When they grow up, is there any chance they can take on a Cocker Spaniel and win? The dog is really old. (I can't believe I'm so rude sometimes.)

"That's a SCORPION!!" ...I'm just kidding, of course.. my Daddy always told me these were "scorpions"
tongue.png

It's an awesome pic of a very beautiful skink! I loved these when I was growing up in GA ...just couldn't let my Daddy catch me playing with them
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom