Was it a fluke?

We have two dogs and two cats that keep the riff-raff out, but at night, they are locked into an impenetrable coop. If you are where other dogs or wild animals are, I'd consider working on a more secure place for them, just in case. We would hate to hear something happened. :hugs
I hear ya. I have a neighbor 2 doors down who has done a great job of ridding the area of raccoons, they seem to love her attic. Opossums have been an issue in our yard and I'm not the "they aren't chicken killers" type, everything likes chicken if it's hungry enough. So we put up a bunch of motion lights on the perimeter and I know how stupid this may sound but I sprinkle pepper flakes at the fence line and around the coops to irritate their noses. We also feed a couple of stray cats so there is cat food left out (away from the coops) and have a huge compost heap that I hope would provide "easy" to get to food instead of the hassle of going thru the hardware cloth on the coops. I have learned that when I feel that they are safe is when I should be double checking, there is no good time to let my guard down for predators.

I agree, especially if there's a chance of getting home late. I've even had to go back out a few times just to double check if I locked them up after I've locked them up.
(I think I'm pretty sure I did but if I don't go back out I won't sleep) 🙂
Every single night, one of us: "Did you lock the chickens up?"

Sometimes when my boss is out of town his mom will come to the barn late evening and water the horses. She lives a mile or so down the road.
It's an old straight handle faucet and has a slight leak where the hose attaches.
She has some weird ocd about thinking she didn't turn it off when done and how much water will leak and be wasted overnight. For real its just a drip so it wouldn't be much but,. She's mentioned never being able to pull out and leave without going back inside and double checking. She has forgot to check and then turned around once home and went back. It's a bit crazy. I wanted to fix it but the faucet is the issue and it's old and rusted on. I'd have to cut the copper line and invest in a one etc etc. Not my barn so not my choice or expense.
Anyways when I saw her I mentioned wanting to fix it but wasn't sure if I should. She said thank you but don't worry about it it's just a thing I have and no big deal. She also does the same with her chicken coop door and if she left the stove on and so on. Said after years of living with this she has figured it out. When she does something she'll think she'll have to go back and check she'll take a pic on her phone then when she gets the urge to go back and check instead she'll pull up her pics and look if it's the last pic. If so she can relax if not then she'll go back and check.

Could it be the nut needs tightening?

Also: Straight handle?
It's basically like the normal garden hose one on houses but instead of the round looking knob it's a straight T handle looking one to only turns 1/4 turn. That's important cause in the pics the position let's her know if it's on or off.
Copper pipe and its sodered on. Personally I was gonna cut it and use a sharkbite and new faucet. It's old corroded and rusty. That won't allow the hose to seal all the way. I've tried thread tape last time I put on a new hose. The boss tries attaching it using channel locks and tightening the hell out of it. It'll still leak and then be a real pain to replace the hose next time.
You know how bosses are. I just work there not make decisions. Ok I make decisions when I can stealth fix stuff behind his back. That would be noticeable and some out of pocket cash. Maybe I should just do it and tape the parts receipt to my time card.

It's basically like the normal garden hose one on houses but instead of the round looking knob it's a straight T handle looking one to only turns 1/4 turn. That's important cause in the pics the position let's her know if it's on or off.
Copper pipe and its sodered on. Personally I was gonna cut it and use a sharkbite and new faucet. It's old corroded and rusty. That won't allow the hose to seal all the way. I've tried thread tape last time I put on a new hose. The boss tries attaching it using channel locks and tightening the hell out of it. It'll still leak and then be a real pain to replace the hose next time.
You know how bosses are. I just work there not make decisions. Ok I make decisions when I can stealth fix stuff behind his back. That would be noticeable and some out of pocket cash. Maybe I should just do it and tape the parts receipt to my time card.
I see. Leaking out the threaded part.

Refuse to work until he gives you some petty cash to fix it?

I see. Leaking out the threaded part.

Refuse to work until he gives you some petty cash to fix it?
I've often asked him for a company credit card. He laughs cause he's a cheap a$$. I run everything when's he's gone and he's gone a lot. A couple shows are 2 weeks long. Then small 3 day shows, vacations, going to see wife's family out of state etc. I was actually being legit. Stuff is always more likely to go wrong when he's gone. You know that's how luck works.
He's too cheap to even leave petty cash around.
Once someone asked me if they could bring in a mini fridge that the employees could use for cold drinks etc. Ya we don't have a fridge, microwave or even a breakroom or anything.
I told Ithem i don't see why not if it's somewhere out of the way but you better ask him.
I ended asking and first thing he asked was would it be plugged in all the time? WTH it's a fridge duh, wouldn't do much good if not. I work my own shift they work nights and my days off. He actually thought they'd just plug it in when they were there. SMDH. He said he'd have to look into how much electricity those use and let me know.
Still SMDH cause 1/3 of the barns roof is covered in solar panels. We did get the fridge but it left a few months later when that employee quit.

Back
Top Bottom