Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Anyone know of any store or breeder that would have White leghorn chicks before feb.? Looking to increase the flock and would prefer them sooner then later. Nothing worse then chickens just starting to lay at the beginning of fall!!!!
Try this the right way this time.

Just Fowling Around in Brewster WA has white Leghorns. If they're laying, he's usually got some available.

Seattle grandfathered in existing roosters when it banned them. Check to see if Shoreline did, too.
Hi Hallerlake,

I don't think that is the case in Shoreline. I sure wish it was!

I was recently informed by a not-so-friendly animal control officer, that as of October 31st any rooster in Shoreline is considered illegal. Unfortunately our neighbor reported us to the city (pretty sure he is one of the main reasons roosters are banned in Shoreline) and so we were forced to cull our beloved little guy last night. Culling is my least favorite part of backyard chicken raising, but it seemed more humane than having animal control come get him and take him to a shelter where he would almost certainly be euthanized.

Time to start thinking about moving further out of the city where lovely natural sounds, like birds chirping and roosters crowing are aplenty … and apparently more acceptable urban noises like motors running and engines revving are few and far between. One day!

Hope you all have a happy New Years!

Hi! I haven't been here in a loooong time! I'm not sure how many of you will remember me. I'm Sara, I live in NE Seattle. I have 2 kids and 11 chickens (10 girls and one boy), 3 cats. I was busy for a while and didn't visit BYC but now I'm the opposite of busy. I'll be lurking around more often. I'm lonely :)

Hi! I haven't been here in a loooong time! I'm not sure how many of you will remember me. I'm Sara, I live in NE Seattle. I have 2 kids and 11 chickens (10 girls and one boy), 3 cats. I was busy for a while and didn't visit BYC but now I'm the opposite of busy. I'll be lurking around more often. I'm lonely :)

Welcome back

Well if you weren't so far, I have a bunch of wood that needs cut
lau.gif
I know from experience that the thought of cutting the wood suddenly makes you find many things to do and not be bored enough to deal with the wood.

See the thought of the wood made me go get some laundry done. Though I did bring in a few armloads of the cut stuff.

Back
Top Bottom