Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Heya.
So i am haveing a problem with one of my young roos, i posted it in the Emergencies section yesterday, but have gotten no replys. Would you guys m\ind takeing a look?

I can't answer, sorry. My brain got broken before and everything that makes them not be able to stand looks like one specific disease to me even if it's not.

Quote:
Really?
Yes, I freaked out when I saw one of my silkie hens not able to walk last week. It was all "OMG MAREKS!"

Her toenails on her 5th toes had gotten to long and curled. They caught on each other and hobbled her. All the older birds got pedicures after that.

Pretty sure this 4 week old is a boy, but not sure. I posted in the silkie thread but only got one response so thought I'd post here too and see if anyone has an idea. This one is the only one that is showing red in the comb already! It was also the one that had the head twitch thing going on.

Cockerel ?

Other chicks
Pullet ?

Pullet?

Not sure, but learning towards cockerel

Last edited:
That top one sure looks like a boy comb.

My silkies haven't been sexable at such a young age. I have partridge so the coloration gives sex away long before they get combs. I had blues before and those I wouldn't guess until 8 weeks.

That top one sure looks like a boy comb.

My silkies haven't been sexable at such a young age. I have partridge so the coloration gives sex away long before they get combs. I had blues before and those I wouldn't guess until 8 weeks.

The top one and the white chick chest bump each other all the time. The other two have always been the first to run toward our hands when we put them in the brooder, while the other two have always stayed back.

It'll be interesting to see what they turn out to be.

Back
Top Bottom