Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Hi Ya'll
big_smile.png

For all the show folk and those interested :)

The 34th Annual Fancy Feathers Fall Show is coming up Nov 1st in Caldwell, Idaho. It is a double judge double point show! Bring out your beauties! The premium book is online now for at http://www.idahobirdbreeders.com/ Entries close Oct. 16th

Serama, Youth,and Pigeon info is up as well.

Hope to see you there!

Last edited:
So, my wife is hesitant on letting me get some more colored egg layers this coming spring. My plan was to swap out 3 or four of our 8 girl flock, but she said since we have named them, shes grown attached to them. Sigh... any one else name there girls, only tobget attached? I have my favs, I guess hers are different then mine lol. : /

So, my wife is hesitant on letting me get some more colored egg layers this coming spring. My plan was to swap out 3 or four of our 8 girl flock, but she said since we have named them, shes grown attached to them. Sigh... any one else name there girls, only tobget attached? I have my favs, I guess hers are different then mine lol. : /

We found a pretty effective way to not become to attached to some chickens while others we do. Some are named names like Lola while others are named Over Easy or Egg Salad or Fajita or Enchilada. It's harder to get attached to them when they are named for food and are a constant reminder of food.

Last edited:
Mine all have names. That way when one is missing or out in the street I can say "Nutterbutter is out in the road again." The black ones all have the same name since we can't tell most of them apart anyway.

We live on a dead end gravel road so the chickens don't have to worry about traffic.

I'd say just get the green egg layers and ask for forgiveness later. Either that or find a way to justify getting more. I have a waiting list of people that want to buy eggs, so when I get more chicks that I just had to have we say it is "building the business". LOL

Oh and by the way...

After I scraped the poop board this evening, I always check for eggs. This time I laughed and smiled. Our first egg from the chicks we bought back on fathers day!!! A tiny blue egg from our Ameracauna pullet named Annie : D

Last edited:
Oh and by the way...

After I scraped the poop board this evening, I always check for eggs. This time I laughed and smiled. Our first egg from the chicks we bought back on fathers day!!! A tiny blue egg from our Ameracauna pullet named Annie : D

Congrats! First eggs are great

I want to snuggle her to death. Her mother is from a different bloodline than the others. She was a lighter baby and had continued to be lighter than the others.

All the silkies I've thought were girls have been girls. Over half the ones that I thought were boys turned out to be girls, one of which is a very fine looking pullet. I haven't guessed on these young chicks much. This one has the biggest crest so far and got it in early and usually those are girls.

Back
Top Bottom