Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

DH just tried to blame the chicks in the living room for his flatulence....
smack.gif
geeze!
gig.gif
Edited to spell stuff right... I can't spell!

Last edited:
Hi all! I've introduced myself in this thread about 10 months ago and occasionally lurk.. But now that we have some chickens under our belt that are now laying we've gotten chicken fever and would like more. We ended up with 4 Faverolles and 1 Speckled Sussex. All from a hatchery, and doing just fine. However, for the next round of birds we would like to hatch our own from fertile eggs. One of our Faverolles is always trying to go broody on us, so we thought - Why not let her do what she does best?

Anyway, we are hoping to find some local folks with fertile eggs from quality genetics. I'm not looking to exhibition birds, but would like our girls to be at least 'a decent representation of the breed'...

If anyone knows folks who would be willing to be on speed-dial for selling fertile eggs the next time P.J. (our forever broody) hunkers down in the nest, I would love to get some contact information.
This is something my wife and I had joked about doing. Keep us all posted and let us know how it turns out : D

I have been eyeing barnevelder breed but unfortunantly can't find too much info on this breed and was unable to find any Washingtonians who breed them. Is there a reason for that? My hubby suggested perhaps they are not well suited for our state, so before I go and spend 30$ on fertile eggs can somebody tell me if that would be a mistake?

Hello there everyone, I have fertile eggs for sell from my birchen marans. The pictures I have on my page are of them. Both my hens are laying. One of them has been laying for about 2 and half months, and the other started one week ago. I have not parted out any from the second one yet don't know how many till I can part them out? But anyways, I wish one of them would go broody but I doubt it will happen so my other option is buy an incubator which I'm looking for one. Make an offer on the eggs search how much they go for please. I live in seattle/tukwila willing to drive a bit.

I have been eyeing barnevelder breed but unfortunantly can't find too much info on this breed and was unable to find any Washingtonians who breed them. Is there a reason for that? My hubby suggested perhaps they are not well suited for our state, so before I go and spend 30$ on fertile eggs can somebody tell me if that would be a mistake?

I actually had someone contact me here from Kitsap County where I live asking if I was interested in Barnevelder fertile eggs. I don't see why they wouldn't do just fine here in WA.
I would surmise that they just aren't very common, not that they don't do well here.

Let me know if you want me to find their contact info -

I have a beautiful barnevelder rooster. Great personality. He seems to be happy and thriving. I know they are a little slower to mature. He is my avatar pic.

I have a Barnie and there are at least 3 breeders in W. Washington. @DiamondDust has some beauties, she's in Kitsap. They are very mild mannered and lay gorgeous , big eggs. They are rare birds, that's why you don't often see them. They are very well suited to our region. Have you checked on the Barnevelder thread here on BYC? It's a good group.

I actually had someone contact me here from Kitsap County where I live asking if I was interested in Barnevelder fertile eggs.  I don't see why they wouldn't do just fine here in WA.
I would surmise that they just aren't very common, not that they don't do well here.

Let me know if you want me to find their contact info - 

Yes, that would be nice, thank you. Do you know by any chance what kind are his chickens?

I have a Barnie and there are at least 3 breeders in W. Washington. @DiamondDust has some beauties, she's in Kitsap. They are very mild mannered and lay gorgeous , big eggs. They are rare birds, that's why you don't often see them. They are very well suited to our region. Have you checked on the Barnevelder thread here on BYC? It's a good group.

I have been lurking there for some time, but wanted to get an opinion from people who are local. The one have looked at was double laced blue over red, they have similar feathering as wyandotte red blue lacing.

Back
Top Bottom