Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Sounds like he's doing better! The chicks are doing great! Had to put up a fence around the pool and DD and I made them a roosting bar. They are too funny hopping up on it. They knock each other off! It's only a foot long. I wasn't expecting them to want to use it so soon! We are making a longer one for them tomorrow. We open the tree farm tomorrow. I have lots of wreaths made up and some cookies, candy canes, coffee, and coco for people. I'm excited! I love making the wreaths. I'll post pictures of chicks and wreaths tomorrow!
wee.gif
I forgot all about the tree farm! You will be really busy for the next few weeks. My chicks are roosting and starting to fly up on top of the feeders to roost there. I need to add some more stuff to their pen. They've been spending about an hour a day outside in the stall to get used to a larger space. So far they are pretty timid. It is so much easier with a broody!

Rooster is not looking as good this morning. He had such a stellar day yesterday that I was getting optimistic. Today he's not eating again and seems more depressed. Poor guy!

I'm in Tacoma. I am using a Little Giant. I got the eggs from Worth It Farms and she's pretty reputable so I'm guessing they were ok but I'm not cracking anything open to check for another few days. Just in case.

Hi all,

I'm on an egg quest--I would like to hook my sister and her family up with fresh local eggs as a Christmas gift. I'm thinking I would prepay for a couple of months worth of eggs, say a dozen a week, to get her started and then have her sort out arrangements going forward. She lives in Columbia City, Seattle; for this to work, it would be best to have a source in/near her neighborhood: Columbia City/Beacon Hill/Mt. Baker/etc. If you have eggs available, know of anyone who might, or know of other places where I should look or post messages, I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks,

Julie

Last edited:
I forgot all about the tree farm!  You will be really busy for the next few weeks.  My chicks are roosting and starting to fly up on top of the feeders to roost there.  I need to add some more stuff to their pen.  They've been spending about an hour a day outside in the stall to get used to a larger space.  So far they are pretty timid.  It is so much easier with a broody!

Rooster is not looking as good this morning.  He had such a stellar day yesterday that I was getting optimistic.  Today he's not eating again and seems more depressed.  Poor guy!

Maybe put him by the window so he can see everyone!

Selling my wreaths... But DH calls it my crafty crap... Lol
Horse, cross, fish, peace sign, candy cane and round ones. I'm working on a lighthouse and the grinch's head too.

Last edited:
Hey guys ! How's it going ? I been off line so long I almost forgot my password !
lau.gif

We here are all fine, doing well, getting into hobbies and such this time of year...long awaited hobbies we ignored while building.
Tomorrow or in the next week, we will go to Olympic Natl' forest & cut down 2 Christmas trees, for the kids.
We applied for, and were sent permits.
We intend to make a romantic picnic day of it around lake Quilcene (?)
Anyways, I intend to visit Kalaloch, Ruby Beach area...a get away with purpose.

Hope you all are doing well !

frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom