Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

New to the world of chickens and in WA!
celebrate.gif
We will be getting our baby chicks tomorrow (6 total) to have as egg laying hens.
jumpy.gif
We are so very excited!!!
welcome-byc.gif

A bit more on the serious side:

Did you mean Redmond Washington, or Redmond Oregon? You mentioned both states and looking for ducks now that you want 3-4 months from now won't probably help too much. A bigger problem will be zoning for all those critters you covet. Not sure if EITHER Redmond is zoned for livestock or even just waterfowl. Then, as I alluded to, is the call duck problem. They are cute and little... and LOUD. I don't just mean that they quack. They were bred to be decoy ducks for hunters. They really CAN be heard up to 4 miles away. And they LIKE to quack. A lot.

Hinotori, thanks so much for the welcome! Are there a lot of chicken people out by you? I am under the impression that Graham is out in the country. What kind of chickens do you have?

I think there are quite a few out here. I know my diagonal neighbor across the road has a few hens. Then the one the other direction across the other road has several.

I have way to many. Currently 62 that are 6 months or older and 7 under 2 months. 10 eggs in the incubator, then I get to start another bunch after they hatch.

I have partridge silkies, blue wheaten ameraucanas, and my mixed layer flock.

Interested in a trade for a Faverolles?
smile.png
NO TRADE !
Trying to eliminate some good 1 year old layers, all culls from my breeding programs.
Perfectly good layers, just not up to the standard.
Most now are wanna be French Silver Cuckoo Marans.

And my 350 egg incubator is about 3/4 full, and we will be infested with Peking duckling soon...$5 any more I had better post on the for sale thread.

Back
Top Bottom