Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Oh, stop. You may as well trade. We all know that the universal laws of chicken math will assure that if you simply get rid of one, you will end up with three extras from whatever possible random course of events that the poultry fates might diabolically devise. If you do a straight trade, the odds are 50/50 that the receiving party might be the multiplier and you will break even!
I have nearly 250 eggs in the cabinet incubator, and a doz in the hatcher, I need no help from anyone to get too many birds, I can do it all by myself.
Thinking of you yesterday: We had to go to Ho hospital to pick up art work since the art show (Healing gallery) was over, & we go back next Tuesday to drop off yet more art work for the next art show that runs through the summer.

@Chickielady the seeds arrived. Wow... that's a bunch! I thought a half dozen in a regular little envelope would be great, and you sent a whole tube full in a big honkin' pkg. Wow! Thank you so much! I sure hope they'll do better in the spot we've chosen. Well, they can't do any worse than last year!
Make compost Volcanoes, pound a stke in so it is 3-4 feet tall in the center so later in the summer you know where to water.
If possible, set up a drip hose in the center.
in a 3 foot wide volcano you can plant5-6 seeds.
They travel up to 10 feet & can overtake cars, bikes, gates, so they need space.
They need good iron, so compost, then I sprinkle ironite, then a good 12-12-12 or 16-16-16 fertilixer lightly & mix.
The volcano needs to be deep compost..1-2 feet at least, but not stacked high like a mountain.
These babies can climb, as stated prior, and they will climb, and they will strangle some bushes & small trees...and if they have a stout pole system, they can go up, instead of out.
Healthy fruits can be 12-15 pounds, so they need a healthy trellis.
My Dad allows each vine to have 2 fruit.
I just let them do their thing, but the theory is the more fruit, the smaller.
I have not found this necessarily true.
harvest with stump intact !
Otherwise bacteria can get in during storage.
have fun !
I wanna see you with BIG seet meats this fall !

%7B3a88d21a-1b1e-4b9b-bc8b-7d9674713919%7D_open-quotes-green.gif
A ham sandwich walks into a bar. Bartender hollers right away "Hey, we don't serve food here!"
%7Bb5b1b472-a690-4fab-aab8-a1337adff190%7D_close-quote-green.gif

Joke of the day............
gig.gif

Heard one yesterday too:

%7B3a88d21a-1b1e-4b9b-bc8b-7d9674713919%7D_open-quotes-green.gif
Two peanuts were walking in Central park, and one was assaulted
%7Bb5b1b472-a690-4fab-aab8-a1337adff190%7D_close-quote-green.gif

lau.gif

Swen stopped by to visit Ole. He walked out to the barn, and through a crack in the door saw Ole twisting and gyrating as he slowly removed his clothes. Soon Swen couldn't stand it any longer, walked in, and asked Ole what in the world he was doing. Well, said Swen, my wife and I have been having problems in the bedroom department, and my doctor said I should do something sexy to a tractor.

This is from the day before.love it !

lau.gif

Last edited:
ahahaha! I have saddles on my girls' from Louise's Country Closet and everyone that sees my girls' running around in their "outfits" thinks its hilarious (or that I'm nuts dressing my chickens). They don't realize I have roos and that the saddles are for an actual functional purpose! lol

I admit, I have no roos. My only excuse is that all my chickens will look very alike. I will be getting 8 different bright colored bandanas from Harbor Saw. This way, my neighbors will know who is who. And... I can weed out the repeat offender troublemakers if necessary! I ordered the limit of 8 (ordinance says 8-12, but I don't feel like arguing). I only really need 3-4. So, anyone that causes issues by going visiting too often will be looking to be rehomed at someplace with more room to roam!

@Chickielady the seeds arrived. Wow... that's a bunch! I thought a half dozen in a regular little envelope would be great, and you sent a whole tube full in a big honkin' pkg. Wow! Thank you so much! I sure hope they'll do better in the spot we've chosen. Well, they can't do any worse than last year!
YES,YES, mine came TOOOOO Many Thanks, can hardly wait…..Glad i have space so very glad You gave us the info how to be overtaken…….

I have nearly 250 eggs in the cabinet incubator, and a doz in the hatcher, I need no help from anyone to get too many birds, I can do it all by myself.
Thinking of you yesterday: We had to go to Ho hospital to pick up art work since the art show (Healing gallery) was over, & we go back next Tuesday to drop off yet more art work for the next art show that runs through the summer.
Great, Would like to be on a list for a couple of pet Belefelders
big_smile.png
Do You have anywhere that we can see the artwork besides what You have posted on Your page……It is sooooo wonderful….Your so talented…..!!!!
Maybe elizmartin does !
Just doing test eggs as of 2 days ago….So if all goes well should have some available of some color in a month or two or three, Thanks Robyn
smile.png

I HOPE YOU KNOW IT TOOK A GOOD WHILE FOR ME TO STOP LAUGHING AT THOSE PEARLS YOU DROPPED ON US…OMG…..SO FUNNY.
clap.gif

YES,YES, mine came TOOOOO Many Thanks, can hardly wait…..Glad i have space so very glad You gave us the info how to be overtaken…….

Great, Would like to be on a list for a couple of pet Belefelders
big_smile.png
Do You have anywhere that we can see the artwork besides what You have posted on Your page……It is sooooo wonderful….Your so talented…..!!!!
Just doing test eggs as of 2 days ago….So if all goes well should have some available of some color in a month or two or three, Thanks Robyn
smile.png

I HOPE YOU KNOW IT TOOK A GOOD WHILE FOR ME TO STOP LAUGHING AT THOSE PEARLS YOU DROPPED ON US…OMG…..SO FUNNY.
clap.gif
I love the short jokes !
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom