Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I have nearly 250 eggs in the cabinet incubator, and a doz in the hatcher, I need no help from anyone to get too many birds, I can do it all by myself.
Thinking of you yesterday: We had to go to Ho hospital to pick up art work since the art show (Healing gallery) was over, & we go back next Tuesday to drop off yet more art work for the next art show that runs through the summer.

Hoquiam Hospital? I live 3 blocks from bottom of hill! Come by around 3pm and have coffee or tea! I work until 2. I work from home, so as soon as I am done, I am available though!

I admit, I have no roos. My only excuse is that all my chickens will look very alike. I will be getting 8 different bright colored bandanas from Harbor Saw. This way, my neighbors will know who is who. And... I can weed out the repeat offender troublemakers if necessary! I ordered the limit of 8 (ordinance says 8-12, but I don't feel like arguing). I only really need 3-4. So, anyone that causes issues by going visiting too often will be looking to be rehomed at someplace with more room to roam!
Bandana will fall off, unless you sew elastic loops, and put the wings through the loops, so you'd have a saddle.
Chickens are excellent for wiggling out of anything, and you would be surprised how dangerous some 'adornment' can be on a bird.
I have seen some suspended on bushes, or roots, or ladders, hanging by bandanas & saddles.
Be careful & keep an eye on them, so they do not strangle themselves

Hoquiam Hospital? I live 3 blocks from bottom of hill! Come by around 3pm and have coffee or tea! I work until 2. I work from home, so as soon as I am done, I am available though!
We have a lunch date directly after or I would !
My parents are in Elma, and they look forward to us having lunch with them all week.
Mom is busy planning the menu even as I type, it is a big day for them to have company & show off new recipes.

@Chickielady
  the seeds arrived.  Wow... that's a bunch!  I thought a half dozen in a regular little envelope would be great, and you sent a whole tube full in a big honkin' pkg.  Wow!  Thank you so much!  I sure hope they'll do better in the spot we've chosen.  Well, they can't do any worse than last year! 

Make compost Volcanoes, pound a stke in so it is 3-4 feet tall in the center so later in the summer you know where to water.
If possible, set up a drip hose in the center.
in a 3 foot wide volcano you can plant5-6 seeds.
They travel up to 10 feet

Yikes!  I may have to re-think these jewels!   That would just about take my entire garden space I think, and they have to share with some Sweet Dumplings.  But I'll give it a try and see how it goes.  I'm not familiar with ironite, do you get it in the garden dept.? 

Just means I don't put them in a raised bed. I have a big space between the beds and the blueberries. I'll go run the tiller there and they can go in there.

Bandana will fall off, unless you sew elastic loops, and put the wings through the loops, so you'd have a saddle.
Chickens are excellent for wiggling out of anything, and you would be surprised how dangerous some 'adornment' can be on a bird.
I have seen some suspended on bushes, or roots, or ladders, hanging by bandanas & saddles.
Be careful & keep an eye on them, so they do not strangle themselves

No, no, no. Sorry, you misunderstood. I will be using them as the material, so that I do not need to find 8 different fabric scraps I like. We don't even have a fabric store really. But they will be sewn into proper chicken attire. Hence why I need measurements! I sew court gowns for Renaissance Faires... pretty sure I can do chicken wear. Lol

As a matter of fact, this is why I really need measurements. I want to do the type with the v-cut type over-the-tail hem at the bottom edge. Hammies have prominent and pretty little tails, I don't want the aprons to interfere with them!

Last edited:
Just means I don't put them in a raised bed. I have a big space between the beds and the blueberries. I'll go run the tiller there and they can go in there.
Make sure they are far from bushes or stuff that can be climbed upon, (by the vines)
My Dad uses bamboo sticks, and """guides"" them

From day to day you can move & giude the vines along~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I am trying to remember if I have pics.............nope

Bte... WA chicken people are the best. After all my ducklings died in the shell, someone on the FB group loaned me a Brinsea Mini so my next hatch should be a lot better. Far less room for human error. That LG just was too hard to get the perfect temp and humidity

No, no, no. Sorry, you misunderstood. I will be using them as the material, so that I do not need to find 8 different fabric scraps I like. We don't even have a fabric store really. But they will be sewn into proper chicken attire. Hence why I need measurements! I sew court gowns for Renaissance Faires... pretty sure I can do chicken wear. Lol

As a matter of fact, this is why I really need measurements. I want to do the type with the v-cut type over-the-tail hem at the bottom edge. Hammies have prominent and pretty little tails, I don't want the aprons to interfere with them!

oh, I do have alot of patterrns & elastic, etc...but I am so busy.
I also do not have birds that small...but you can add inches as a good seamstress.

Last edited:

Make sure they are far from bushes or stuff that can be climbed upon, (by the vines)
My Dad uses bamboo sticks, and """guides"" them

From day to day you can move & giude the vines along~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I am trying to remember if I have pics.............nope

There is 30 feet or so between the beds and berries. I will train them.

Back
Top Bottom