Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

The new nest box worked out pretty well. One chicken laid an egg in the coop, but five hens decided that the new nest box was OK.

IMG_3510.JPG IMG_3520.JPG IMG_3524.JPG

Hi State peeps. I'm looking for anyone in the Seattle and surrounding area that may want a few chickens from Meyer Hatchery. I have an order for the May 20 hatch date. I only want 2 chicks since I already have 6 hens and am only allowed to have 8 total here. But the minimum order is 3. Are you interested in going in with me? You can order as few as 1 chick but I would suggest at least 2 so they can have a grow-up buddy.

Ended up being a nice day here today. My chickens have been laying their eggs in our small coop instead of their nesting boxes. so since we have the new chicks and soon will be out of the brooder and into the small coop. i have now closed it off and set the fake eggs in their coop and in their nesting boxes they did not like this at all i found 2 eggs in the box one egg out side of the coop on the ground..... think it might be a protest... no one else laid an egg, just a lot of squaking and yelling going on lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom