Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Pics
Quote:
I had problems with one chicken flying over the run walls. Another one would go roost in the tree.

We have hawks, eagles, fly by all the time but due to trees layout of runs only one run has the ability for one to land and they'd have to do it very careful.

Heard about nets for cheap else ware but decided to go see what HD had I could make myself.

They have neon colored green and yellow type of nylon string you can pull very hard on wrapping it around posts or trees what ever you have. Since this run had cherry timbers used for fence support I wrapped around one post went across run to the next one never tying it just wrapping it in all directions across the run. How long it would last I don't know as two years later had trees come down wiping it out but a net would have been wiped out also.

Which ever way you go yes that will work. Some consider losing one now and then the cost of having chickens.

I could see though if one was constantly losing them it would be worth the investment.

If they were pets another factor comes into play.

They are pets! They are pets! Oh my gosh, I'd be so heartbroken. They're not happy with me today because they are stuck in their run until everyone gets done laying, then I'll let them play in the small chicken tractor on the grass. Usually the run door is open, and they come and go during the day as they please. Caunnie and Rhodie both tried to pop out the coop door when I was scooping poop. It's a pain to clean when they're in there.

Subscribing. And catching up. Stop talking so much!
lau.gif

Quote: The smell disappates, doen't it? I've been in gardens where it was used, and I don't remember any disagreeable odor.

I sure hope it dissipates. That's pretty cheap for a yard, but I still don't think I could go there. There's a gross factor there that I don't know that I'd be able to get over.

I like it here.

Perhaps before Nifty closes the other thread for any more comments, she can post a message about why the moved the thread, with a link over here? That would be ideal.

I just unsubscribed from the other thread and subscribed to here. Now I'll always know where to go.

If you want to have this thread in your subscriptions list, when you post something, below the typing window there's a "Get notified when others reply?" box. Click on "Site Only" and it will show up in your subscriptions.

I just unsubscribed from the other thread and subscribed to here. Now I'll always know where to go.

If you want to have this thread in your subscriptions list, when you post something, below the typing window there's a "Get notified when others reply?" box. Click on "Site Only" and it will show up in your subscriptions.

Mine finally showed up without my doing anything while I was gone. It seems fully functional now. I wonder if the site needed to update or something.

Back
Top Bottom