Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Quote:
Mine is "GET OUT OF THAT POT!"

Almost 18 acres they can explore if they want and they prefer my potted plants for digging and dust bathing. I need to go cut out some chickenwire circles to put around the grapes. I picked up two of the little metal chicks from CR at the show and put them in with my lemon verbena. It's stopped the big hole they were trying to dig and the plant is doing better again.

Oh! Dealing with chickens and dogs. "Quit eating that!" and "You better not be rolling in chicken poop over there!"

They go roll where the deer and elk pee and poop too. So disgusting.
The dogs bring dead stuff back and leave it at the back door. Nothing they have outside is allowed inside so they drop it right by the door so they can get it when they come back out. The chickens help themselves to whatever they think looks good. Dogs will come back out and be looking for what they know they left right there.
Another for chickens: "DO I NEED TO GET THE HOSE?!"

My young ones have been wreaking havoc on the garden we're trying to fix up in the back. They half dig up day lilies and rhododendrons and move to the hostas to shred the leaves. Once, when I caught them shredding the hostas, I got the hose and said "HOSTA LA VISTA, BABY!!" as I sprayed them.

We put bricks around the bases of vulnerable plants so that we don't lose everything to those pests.
I have put rocks and/or bricks around anything I plant out back for a year or two.

Do hens always make a bunch of noise when it's windy/rainy? Or is something else bothering my chickens? I've had to go out and shush them several times..brawwwk brawk brawk brawk. brawwwk brawk brawk brawk. brawwwk brawk brawk brawk.

frow.gif

Do hens always make a bunch of noise when it's windy/rainy? Or is something else bothering my chickens? I've had to go out and shush them several times..brawwwk brawk brawk brawk. brawwwk brawk brawk brawk. brawwwk brawk brawk brawk.

I don't notice mine making lots of noise when the weather is like this. What I notice is them going "BURR-BURR-BURR-BURR-BURR" when I open the door to go outside. They hear it and start fussing because they want out. They're a bunch of guilt-tripping meanies.
roll.png

Sometimes, I think they just complain like people do. Perhaps your girls are just voicing their opinions about the weather.

Another for chickens: "DO I NEED TO GET THE HOSE?!"

My young ones have been wreaking havoc on the garden we're trying to fix up in the back. They half dig up day lilies and rhododendrons and move to the hostas to shred the leaves. Once, when I caught them shredding the hostas, I got the hose and said "HOSTA LA VISTA, BABY!!" as I sprayed them.

We put bricks around the bases of vulnerable plants so that we don't lose everything to those pests.

LMAO! All the animals here know what the hose is. Dogs and chickens alike get very well behaved if I touch it.

I found ya'll
frow.gif
I think I have found a solution to my patio poopers, while catching up on posts. SAND du! Putting a layer of sand down on my patio will greatly reduce clean up time, Thanks Guys
big_smile.png

I don't know if your patio is covered, but if it's not and the sand gets wet you'll have a bigger problem. I found that out the hard way last winter!

Well, that's cool. I wondered about how the byc software was handling that mega-giant-wowza thread; the Proboards community I'm part of caps threads at 30 pages, and the blogging platforms I'm familiar with close down at 5000 comments.
I spent a whole lot of time and effort yesterday rejiggering the sheep pen roof support, and it came down overnight and has what looks like twenty gallons of water in it, so I know what I'm doing today...

Yup, our software is really robust, but 80k posts is a LOT in one thread, especially when we're updating so many areas of the site with each new post.

Just a suggestion for future cases like this. I think it would be easier for Users if old posts could simply be archived or moved, keeping maybe the most recent 6 months as-is. IMHO

Um... that's kinda what we're doing by having both threads open at the same time.
big_smile.png

It's not showing up in mine, either. I messed around trying to figure it out. Not gonna mess with it any more. Hopefully they'll get it fixed or someone will let me know what I need to do on my end to get it fixed.

Hmm, that's odd. We'll look into it and keep an eye on things.

Just when you get things decorated the way you'd like and have that cozy "lived in" feeling, you get moved to a new home. Works for me. Now I don't need to clean up that old thread anymore. Brand new clean walls to draw all over!

We're so chatty. I love it.
wink.png

Hey, keep the new place nice and clean! Wipe the mud off your mouth boots before you come in!
big_smile.png

I can't subscribe to this thread, I have NO smiley's to choose from, and no spell checker or anything I used to have in the old thread. I'm off to sulk, and try to figure out how to build a roof over the hen house since the pop up canopy didn't stand up to the wind we had last night. Went out this morning to let everyone out, and the canopy was a twisted pile of metal and canopy cloth. Good thing I had the legs bolted to 4 30lb elevator weights or who knows where it would have ended up! See ya later. (I'd put the waving smiley here, but I can't they're all gone!)

Oh My! I really feel for you!! Last winter was a rough one for us, too. I remember one day in particular when it was raining and blowing something fierce and I was out trying to secure things all by myself and getting drenched in the process. We put a lid on the run this summer and boy am I glad. I hope you can figure something better out and save yourself a winter of worries!

CR... you mentioned on the other thread to make sure the netting was visible. How do you do that? And, is fishing net less expensive than the Aviary netting I have been looking at? That stuff is pretty spendy stuff.
I got my netting free from Craigs list it was only a 60' round. To make it visible I put surveyrors tape in it PINK of course. basically anything that will wave a bit to show its there.

Back
Top Bottom