Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Dinner tonight at Woodinville's Panera at 6:00 p.m.
So far we have RonB, dawng, TerrorBird, Slinglings, Rainwolf and MamaWolf and HoneysuckleHills.
Everyone is welcome and some of us are bringing our family.
Great opportunity for newbees to meet the oldtimers.
smile.png
rainwolf/mamawolf can't make it.

Quote:
Oh!!! YES! Ikea, kea!!! at like 4:30pm, lol!!

(I work 1/2 block down the street :0)
I LOL at this. I just posted the same thing.

Your "YES" and "IKEA" were in a different order , lol!

I would love love love to meet up this Sat, but it is such a drive for me and I dont' want to be a gas hog if I am not required to drive so far North

I have what is probably a dumb question or a no brainer to all of you "chicken whiz's"
wink.png
I have lots of scrap grass hay from when I feed my horses. Its not moldy or anything but is the scraps that fall off the flakes when I feed. Its a pain in the butt to feed it to my horses and I was wondering if i could put that in the run over the dirt? Would it make a bigger mess than just dirt or would it help as a "litter" if I clean it out regularly. I use shavings in the coops but would like something to put down in the run. I know they loved to scratch around near my hay stack last summer. What do you all think?
I buy local grass hay especially for my chicken litter. I do the Deep Litter system. I mix pine shavings, grass hay, peat moss, and yard leaves together. The chickens love it. I fork it once a day when they are out of the coop. I don't clean my pens except every three or four months. Some people go about once every nine months. My barn and pens are small so when it gets eighteen inches deep I fork it into wheel-barrels and take most of it out. I always leave some to start the DL process again. If done right, it composts on a dirt base floor and I use it in my garden in the Spring. The chickens and even the chicks eat the choice pieces of hay and seed heads.

I forwarded that article to DH yesterday.  His response was if I got any more organic I better get a pair of Birkenstocks and stop shaving.  :gig :smack I sent him a note that I was looking for Birkenstocks on Amazon and the pits were beginning to itch.  :lau   I didn't get a response back.  :confused: :gig

don't forget the VW bus :)

:gig My van is giving me issues.  Maybe I'll ask him if I can trade it in for the VW version so I can paint flowers on it!

lol Paint chickens in the flowers.

I hit the wearing Birkenstocks 24 years ago (I have bone spurs on the top of my feet to prove it), and have always tried to do organic.

Last edited:
My porch is still waiting on the wind issue to get put back together, all mah pots fell off the railings. I have to find something to plant in them, other than Styrofoam
hu.gif

Any ideas for some low-light perennials that do well in a pot?

My porch is still waiting on the wind issue to get put back together, all mah pots fell off the railings. I have to find something to plant in them, other than Styrofoam
hu.gif

Any ideas for some low-light perennials that do well in a pot?

chocolate mint plant! does great in pots, tastes good, smells good, and if you plant it in the ground it takes over as ground cover

Back
Top Bottom