Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Isn't that hysterical ?!?!It is legal to own but not legal to sell in this state !
How absurd !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no kidding! Especially since the whole thing is much "greener" than the usual plastic/electric hot tub, which sucks electricity, only lasts a 3-4 years on average and then can't be recycled. We expect this to last 15-20 years, then the wood bits go onto the wood pile and the metal parts can be used in a new tub or recycled. Plus we will generally only be using it during the cool/windy season, when emissions don't hang around, and certainly not run the stove constantly. I'd say 2-3 hours per week at the most, probably less.
So, if you have an out of state freind buy one for you, do they then have to ship it to that person, then that person ships it back to you ?
Or can you just go pick it up ?
I picked it up at the store in Seattle. The check or CC has to come from someone out of state. Let me know if you get one, assembly is a bit tricky and we'd be happy to help.

Here it is during assembly.

Thanks for the response! I won't be trying to fertilize this winter. Just maybe someday in the future.
I am curious why I would have to separate the hen and the chick after it hatches? Couldn't I just separate both of them so they will be better protected from the other hens? A local farm I often visit had a surprise chick born around Halloween and they just moved both the hen and chick to their own space.

My goal in doing this would be to observe and be as hands off as possible.

Hi! It has taken me a while to make a BYC account, but here I am. I'm in the Snohomish area. I'm planning on breeding some Jap bantams here in the spring. I got some chicks from a lady in October. She said they were full Jap bantams... nope. She also gave me some beautiful silkie roos. They went to a friend of mine since my husband says no roos. (Yeah, I plan on breeding, honey.) Well it turns out (which I noticed immediately before purchasing the chicks) they are not full Jap. I believe the silkies are the fathers. Out of the 8 chicks, 3 are for sure roosters. My husband wants them GONE. But I just want some cute little hens as pets. I'm thinking about breeding the laced roo to my current Jap bantam hen before offering him up to the first person who wants him.

Anyway, it's cold.

Hi! I've just moved to Chehalis here in Lewis County, and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good places to get some good Chicken feed. I saw what appeared to be a bulk processing plant in town, and when I asked at their office, its for some commercial farm, and they don't sell their feed. Does anyone have any good leads?
Hayyy Neighbor, were Down in Onalaska, there's a few Place to get feed " The Farm Store " -- http://www.chehalisfarmstore.com/ always good prices GREAT staff to answer questions,
any Farm Questions not just chickens. we've been going there years n years.
Also if Your in Onalaska , " Onalaska Feed " off Leonard Rd. they carry a bit of everything. and have end of Season Clearance. NOW call and ask.
If your looking for Local made Feed Last On my list is " Patriot Farm and Bison " on 142 Lamprecht Road , Winlock -- http://patriotfarmandbison.com/ Overall about the same prices as others, I've driven out there Twice, they are Polite and professional . I can Not get a Call back when I've left several message Nor can I get a email answered or returned !
If you can Live with these issues it's a nice drive and good local feed.

My rooster is still breeding the hens and I am still getting eggs but I only know they were fertile 21 days ago because they are hatching now. I won't know right away if the eggs I set yesterday are fertile or not.
Soooo what kind of eggs are they?
tongue.png

I am having a heck of a time finding fertile eggs right now, bad time of year. I was going to try to break the broody hen but my girlfriend really wants to see some baby chicks following around the mother hen so I am going to see if she can be a successful broody this time of year.

welcome-byc.gif
To all the new people! I know there are several

Fertile eggs will be much easier to get come spring. I can't wait for spring. I'm going to lock my head rooster up with two hens until he does his job so I can hatch purebred eggs. I have to put them were he can't see the EEs that he prefers to mate with.

Hi! It has taken me a while to make a BYC account, but here I am. I'm in the Snohomish area. I'm planning on breeding some Jap bantams here in the spring. I got some chicks from a lady in October. She said they were full Jap bantams... nope. She also gave me some beautiful silkie roos. They went to a friend of mine since my husband says no roos. (Yeah, I plan on breeding, honey.) Well it turns out (which I noticed immediately before purchasing the chicks) they are not full Jap. I believe the silkies are the fathers. Out of the 8 chicks, 3 are for sure roosters. My husband wants them GONE. But I just want some cute little hens as pets. I'm thinking about breeding the laced roo to my current Jap bantam hen before offering him up to the first person who wants him.

Anyway, it's cold.

Need Pic
caf.gif

These are 2 different guys. I actually just had someone come pick up the roosters.
I'll be happy to have this cold weather gone. I'm excited to get some new chicks in this "spring".

Back
Top Bottom