Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

That is good to know. I messaged them to set up a time to go out and see them. I want a Spangled Russian Orloff and they have them. If they do not have a good facility or handle the birds properly, I will not be buying.

Hey,

there's a breeder in Black Diamond, near me that raises Russian Orloff's . I know he has mahogany, and may have spangled. Look up Kummer farms. He also has welsummers and barnevelders. I got hatching eggs from him. His name is Erhardt Weiss.

Thanks! I just looked on craigslist and couldnt find the ad. But I emailed them. Im not 100% for baxter barn. Thats where I bought my barnevelder and when I went all the chicks were shoved in these pens and there were sick ones laying there and he would grab em and shove their faces in water. I just like things spaced and all so im kinda picky lol. Thanks for your help!
Incubated chicks don't have mother hen to show them the ropes, so one has to introduce them to the food and water. This is done by putting their faces in it. There are gentler ways of making sure a weak chick is hydrated, but if one has as many chicks as a commercial hatchery does, one doesn't have time to drip water into their beaks drop by drop.

Last edited:
That is good to know. I messaged them to set up a time to go out and see them. I want a Spangled Russian Orloff and they have them. If they do not have a good facility or handle the birds properly, I will not be buying.

Check out Erhard Weis, kummerpoultry.com He will have better quality birds. Don't know the people at Baxter, but have seen the birds, they're just hatchery quality.

I haven't been on here in months but have been recently in the market for some more chickens! I went chicken crazy last year and had 28 and a rooster. It was too much for my property haha. I currently have a barnevelder and lavender orpington. I would LOVE to buy a blue laced red Wyandotte but I want one that has that deep red and very defined blue lace. Does anyone know a breeder in Washington? I know I can order them through a hatchery but I want to see them in person and you cant just order 1 or 2. I also don't want a day old chick. Id like them to be atleast 3-6 months old. I know that's asking a lot for a rare bird but I figured id ask if anyone knew where I might find some in WA!!!!
Something like this

Where are you located? I seem to recall someone over by Port Orchard has some. Those are gorgeous chickens- I've thought about adding them to my flock, but I need to be practical and meaningful about adding chickens these days, cuz I have WAY too many "impulse items" in my flock. (and it doesn't help that hubby is entertained by silkies- and we have a pen dedicated to 4 useless silkies and a lone polish!)
barnie.gif

Where are you located? I seem to recall someone over by Port Orchard has some. Those are gorgeous chickens- I've thought about adding them to my flock, but I need to be practical and meaningful about adding chickens these days, cuz I have WAY too many "impulse items" in my flock. (and it doesn't help that hubby is entertained by silkies- and we have a pen dedicated to 4 useless silkies and a lone polish!) :barnie

I love in renton. I found that lady in port orchard a few months ago. She had some for sale but I didnt want to drive all the way over there... didnt realize how rare of a bird it was! I cant remember her website so if anyone knows it please let me know!!

Hey,

there's a breeder in Black Diamond, near me that raises Russian Orloff's . I know he has mahogany, and may have spangled. Look up Kummer farms. He also has welsummers and barnevelders. I got hatching eggs from him. His name is Erhardt Weiss.

Thanks! I'll look him up.

Back
Top Bottom