Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Hi everyone!
frow.gif
I live in Washington and I've posted on this thread only a few times but I've been following this thread for a long time so I decided to join the conversation by showing you guys my brand new chicks!
smile.png
celebrate.gif
bun.gif
I'm not sure about the breeds because I got them for free because I was showing at my local fair in 4-h. They wanted the kids to take them after the fair because they were just on display. I ended up with 12 of them out of 26. They are from Murray Mcmurray hatchery and the package was some type of straight run layers package so I'm sure I will have a lot of roosters....sigh.
idunno.gif
But it's alright I don't have any other roosters at the moment. They aren't show quality of course but I don't mind, I have had good luck in the past with feed store quality birds when it comes to personality and egg laying. If you guys have any idea on what the breeds of the chicks are I would love to hear them!
smile.png
And without further ado here they are .......

Hi everyone!:frow I live in Washington and I've posted on this thread only a few times but I've been following this thread for a long time so I decided to join the conversation by showing you guys my brand new chicks!:) :celebrate :bun I'm not sure about the breeds because I got them for free because I was showing at my local fair in 4-h. They wanted the kids to take them after the fair because they were just on display. I ended up with 12 of them out of 26. They are from Murray Mcmurray hatchery and the package was some type of straight run layers package so I'm sure I will have a lot of roosters....sigh.:idunno But it's alright I don't have any other roosters at the moment. They aren't show quality of course but I don't mind, I have had good luck in the past with feed store quality birds when it comes to personality and egg laying. If you guys have any idea on what the breeds of the chicks are I would love to hear them!:) And without further ado here they are .......
Cute!

Remember the talk about bears? Yeah.... We have a sow and 2 cubs hanging around. The neighbors begles were going crazy so they walked back home. We let them walk around on the property. Anyways the 3 bears came out of our tree farm! We have 30 preschoolers coming here for a field trip in early oct! We don't like shooting mamas of any species so any advice to get them to move on without injuring them? If it didn't have cubs I'd be on it we both have bear tags just in case.

A sow with cubs is about the meanest animal on earth....  Very short tempered...   Notify the game department and have them trapped or make bear sausage...   find another tag....

I know they are vicious! Game dept is a good idea. We don't shoot babies or mamas unless we have to. I with they were a bit bigger but they are too small yet.

The Fish & Wildlife might be able to bring down their Karelian Bear Dogs, depending on where you are. These dogs are used by the dept to hard release and/or scare and intimidate bears away from an area. 
http://wdfw.wa.gov/enforcement/kbd/

I'm outside of Aberdeen on the way out to Westport. I hope something can be done I don't want to cancel the field trip :(

Back
Top Bottom