Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Charter, maybe a paint ball gun?? Mine came back when I was on weekend duty, I have a couple pics of it wandering through my yard, getting into my compost, then checking out the chickens. He appears to have found my electric fence and stayed away, but he dumped a box of packing peanuts all over my driveway in retaliation.

I gave them (WDFW) a call they are going to send someone out to look around and give me some pointers.

I hope this works! I kind of like the paintball idea, too. Good luck with it.
jumpy.gif
Cute chicks, too!
jumpy.gif

Charter, maybe a paint ball gun?? Mine came back when I was on weekend duty, I have a couple pics of it wandering through my yard, getting into my compost, then checking out the chickens. He appears to have found my electric fence and stayed away, but he dumped a box of packing peanuts all over my driveway in retaliation.
I hope this works! I kind of like the paintball idea, too. Good luck with it. :jumpy Cute chicks, too! :jumpy
I hope WDFW can do something... Since it's a sow with cubs I don't want to risk getting close enough for a paintball gun. DH said we should take some cookie sheets and bang on them obnoxiously to see if they'll go away. I'll let the neighbors know though too so they don't think we've completely lost our marbles lol

Reading along the bear problem - do hunting seasons apply to your personal property? I don't know how you feel about lethal options if the local wildlife department will not help you out. I don't know how I feel about it myself when it comes to a bear in my yard - I guess it depends on where you live. I didn't have a choice but to take lethal action against a raccoon in my neighborhood who came back to attack 4 nights in a row. He killed my favorite rooster and second favorite hen, one night after the other then after securing my coop even more he still ripped through chicken wire I had over a vent when I caught him. No more attacks and no more damage to my backyard garden either - he already tasted all my best cobs of corn though. I know when it comes to raccoon relocation is illegal, killing it was the only solution for me because he had learned the source of food and returned several times each night to try to find a way in.

Last edited:
Reading along the bear problem - do hunting seasons apply to your personal property?  I don't know how you feel about lethal options if the local wildlife department will not help you out.  I don't know how I feel about it myself when it comes to a bear in my yard - I guess it depends on where you live.  I didn't have a choice but to take lethal action against a raccoon in my neighborhood who came back to attack 4 nights in a row.  He killed my favorite rooster and second favorite hen, one night after the other then after securing my coop even more he still ripped through chicken wire I had over a vent when I caught him.  No more attacks and no more damage to my backyard garden either - he already tasted all my best cobs of corn though.  I know when it comes to raccoon relocation is illegal, killing it was the only solution for me because he had learned the source of food and returned several times each night to try to find a way in. 

It would be at freezer camp of it didn't have babies :/

As soon as my Marans quits being broody and starts laying again I will be breeding her for some olive chicks. I will keep you posted. Do you want chicks or would you be interested in some hatching eggs?
Anyone have any Olive Egger pullets, or Breed any for spring? I have one extra Ameracauna pullet we want to swap for an Olive Egger : )

Back
Top Bottom