Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Does anyone have any suggestions where I can get a Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator? My DH doesn't thing we will be hatching often enough to pay full price for one.
idunno.gif
But I really want one. So has anyone had success finding used ones for a good price.

There is a Roost Classifieds of Washington page as well as Western Washington Poultry plus some other pages depending on where you are located. There are some poultry "swap" pages for different counties. Maybe other BYC members can point out some in your area.

We always put a 1/16" hole in the top of the container so the pressure inside can equalize. this stops the nipple from forcing it to equalize the air inside all of the time. which is why it drips (my experience).

Dave's spring loaded nipples he suggests might help too : )

Ashley, did you poke a hole in the top of the bottle to allow air in? If not, that is probably your problem. When the air has to sneak in through the nipple it is probably letting water out.

Yep, I put a hole in the top of all the containers. I'm wondering if gunk gets caught up in the pin area allowing for the drips. They seem very touchy and I'm wondering if crumbs/crud from the chicks is interfering...just a thought.

Thank you to everyone for all the great tips and suggestions! Gonna try a few things out, or just buy dozens of chick-sized wetsuits! ;)

hi on whidbey island in wa state peeking my head in looking for chickies for sale and seeing wa peeps :)

Welcome.

Ok... Duckies go in the bator today. Despite hubs' protestations. Haha. And we'll see where that gets us. I've stored them a little longer than I would have liked, but they all arrived with intact air cells. And the other woman who got a dozen from this shipper at about the same time has 8 progressing nicely.

Morning all. Great news... We had our first hatched chick this morning.
1f604.png

This little guy is 1 of 2 eggs we let our young broody bantam sit on. (Not her eggs) Not the greatest pic because I didn't want to hassle mama or the baby's. Still waiting on chick #2 to make an appearance but I can hear chirps so I assume it won't be too long.

Dad is a barred rock and mom can either be barred rock, RIR, buff Orp or blue Langshan. I know it's not the greatest pic but does anyone have any guesses?

Anyways I'm pretty excited and I know my 6yr old daughter is going to go crazy. Great start to my day. Have a good day everyone.

Brian

Back
Top Bottom