Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

What if any adjustments is anyone making with reports of bird flu in the state

Not just reports, confirmed cases. Pacific Northwest Poultry Association is keeping folks up to date very well on their facebook group with reliable info from state vet. Good place to go to avoid rumors and inappropriate panic.

As far as changes, I am keeping my birds in their coops (which are screened against wild birds) and not letting them range. ALL Wild birds, especially migratory waterfowl are the largest source of transmission for AI.

WSDA offers free testing for AI, and am planning on scheduling that as soon as work load allows, would highly recommend that too.

ALL Wild birds, especially migratory waterfowl are the largest source of transmission for AI.
Good to know. We have wild birds all over the place, but it is impossible to keep my chickens isolated from them. Some things you just can't control. We don't have any waterfowl coming through here, so that is a good thing!

Good to know.  We have wild birds all over the place, but it is impossible to keep my chickens isolated from them.  Some things you just can't control.  We don't have any waterfowl coming through here, so that is a good thing!  

You can get the bird netting they put over the top of fruit trees and such very cheaply and ziptie it to wire or fence or over gaps to keep wild birds out of chicken areas. Works great, helped a buddy do that this past weekend.

You can get the bird netting they put over the top of fruit trees and such very cheaply and ziptie it to wire or fence or over gaps to keep wild birds out of chicken areas. Works great, helped a buddy do that this past weekend.
thats what I was planning on doing for the free range area I have set up for them atm, we have alot of finches around here and wondered if that would prevent them from geting into the area as well, otherwise the hen house and hen house run are hardware clothed securely

Good morning and hope everyone is safe and unaffected by flooded areas.
Had to go into Fall City yesterday to take my dog for swim therapy but couldn't make it. Part of 203 was closed and there was a fatal accident on hwy202&292nd. Then they closed the roundabout in Fall City so I couldn't get through that way and had to work my way back to Bothell. Scary looking over the guardrail and seeing water RIGHT there.

silly roosters lol they are 7 weeks old

0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom