Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

@Starrponies , Welcome!

Weird weather here today. Periods of constant rain and other times bright sunshine.

I've been hesitant to let my chickens out to forage in the yard lately. Last time I let them out they were feeling bold and started ranging too far, over into the neighbors front yard and in the ditch right up next to the road.

As far as my chickens getting into the road, I'm less worried about one of the girls getting run over than I am about a chicken causing a car to go off the road.

@Starrponies , Welcome!

Weird weather here today. Periods of constant rain and other times bright sunshine.

I've been hesitant to let my chickens out to forage in the yard lately. Last time I let them out they were feeling bold and started ranging too far, over into the neighbors front yard and in the ditch right up next to the road.

As far as my chickens getting into the road, I'm less worried about one of the girls getting run over than I am about a chicken causing a car to go off the road.
Thank you!

Welcome @Starrponies! :frow

Weather has turned nice here, and no freezes forecast for the rest of the month. So, I'm planting seed today. :woot

Yesterday was cleaning day for the coop. Now that I have taken over the chicken chores again, there is a new (old for me) standard to be kept. DH always scooped the sand in the poop boards every day, but the straw on the floor needed changing. So we did that. Things are much better out there. Feeders and waterers cleaned too. It was a lot of work, but I'm so much happier with it. I think the chickens didn't care, but they were excited about new straw to comb through. :wee

Good score at the store today! This box of produce waste should last my hens for days.

IMG_3763.JPG IMG_3764.JPG IMG_3765.JPG IMG_3766.JPG IMG_3767.JPG IMG_3768.JPG IMG_3769.JPG IMG_3771.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3770.JPG
    IMG_3770.JPG
    314.7 KB · Views: 1
we made it to our place in napavine on Saturday!

excited to meet some of you!

penny jo gave me an update while I was driving last week that 20 of the 24 eggs I sent look like they are developing!

That's great. Glad you made the trip well. Moving cross country takes a lot out of you for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom