Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hanging out today. Gotta go to Costco, and Home Depot. Gonna go visit RonB later today too. But I will be lurking!
wink.png

Quote:
We're going to the Classic Car show at the Puyallup Fair Grounds today. It runs through the weekend. Tons of old, fixed up cars. I love looking but hubby loves getting ideas for his 68' Mercury Monterey. I support him in his hobby so he will support me in my chicken hobby
smile.png

Shannon

One slightly hilarious factor to top off my week: we've been juggling bulls, with the 2YO I'd leased moving on to Doc Sand's place and Harry coming over here as the closer. The place smells of Other Bull, and Harry's been trumpetting challenges "Coward, come out and show yourself and we'll have a fight over these cows right now!" for about twenty hours now, and my nerves are feeling a bit frayed. It's partly that I do not want to go into the pasture with him in this mood, and I need to pick raspberries on the pasture side of the plants.

Quote:
Just think how smug he'll be when the coward is too afraid to show himself. He'll be insufferable.

Except for the tragic, tragic fact that he cannot ever find his twin, who he's spent most of the past two months searching for. So he's, like, a tragic anti-hero, probably played by Tobey McGuire in the movie version...

Quote:
Just think how smug he'll be when the coward is too afraid to show himself. He'll be insufferable.

Except for the tragic, tragic fact that he cannot ever find his twin, who he's spent most of the past two months searching for. So he's, like, a tragic anti-hero, probably played by Tobey McGuire in the movie version...

Am I to assume that you & sis finally caught the one to butcher and the bull issue is over for the time being?
You must be exhausted!!!
Stumpfarmer, PM or e-mail { or use the dreaded phone & call } me if you want to share a quarter w/us................we are game for a full 1/8th, and can trade you what you want & so on.

I am painting, still have poop trays & chick pens to clean........trying hard to keep my nose into the painting though.
Have a Cuckoo pip tomorrow and another on Monday the 25th..........after that is a break in incubation.....
th.gif

This morning, we spied the oldest Midget White Turkey fully fluffed, tail spread fan-like, strutting & vibrating...so cute!!
he is barely 12" tall!!!!!
Well, hope all is well....talk at ya later!
frow.gif

Quote:

Am I to assume that you & sis finally caught the one to butcher and the bull issue is over for the time being?
You must be exhausted!!!
Stumpfarmer, PM or e-mail { or use the dreaded phone & call } me if you want to share a quarter w/us................we are game for a full 1/8th, and can trade you what you want & so on.

I am painting, still have poop trays & chick pens to clean........trying hard to keep my nose into the painting though.
Have a Cuckoo pip tomorrow and another on Monday the 25th..........after that is a break in incubation.....
th.gif

This morning, we spied the oldest Midget White Turkey fully fluffed, tail spread fan-like, strutting & vibrating...so cute!!
frow.gif

I'm interested but between now and at least the middle of next month I don't think anyone's doing anything not fair or hay related.

is anyone familiar with orphan robins?
(I know we are supposed to leave them if we find them on the ground, but my neighbor {who is 7} had this little guy overnight, and the nest is destroyed and I'm not sure of the place where she found him)

my post is here https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=544803 if anyone has any tips or tricks or advice other than "put it back" haha (I would put it back but Im not sure where to put it...and the girl who found it left for the ocean this morning)

Quote:

You must be exhausted!!!

th.gif

frow.gif

Quick! Get labor out of her when she comes to pick up the meat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom