Water Heater Thermostat and Incubator Wiring Directions Please

FrenchToast

"Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven
12 Years
Jan 10, 2010
UP North WI
I need help !!!
I just went out and bought several of the items to make the Sink A Bator.

Now I just need to know how to put it all together.

Does anyone have a basic wiring diagram they wouldn't mind sharing.

I also would like to know which computer fan I am suppose to use? The small one or the big one located in the Big box in the computer.

So this is what I have so far:

Thermostat (water heater)
CPU fan taken from old computer
twin light socket
toggle switch
utility tub
2" x 4" x styrofoam

What I don't have is:

wire (need to know what size)

Thanks

the wiring diagram i followed: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=8510.

I'd guess you should have enough wire from light socket.

It is good that you will be using a twin light socket. if one light burns out the other will help.

make sure to put the water heater thermostat ~2" from heat source.

i wasn't able to find a phone charger to carry enough power to the computer fan so i used a charger for a portable lamp. it was suggested to me that some hotels might have boxes of these. both my fan and charger are labeled with power requirements.

good luck. it is easy

thanks for the link
smile.png

Now I need to know how and where to dirll the holes to in the theromstat, got a link for that ???
I am going to Radio shack to get a new fan. I think I need a bigger one than I have here. I think maybe a 3 or 4 inch???
I'm using the utility tub for the bater so I want it to be strong enough to circulate the air.
I'm going to be hanging everything from the top just like on the Hovabator Genesis. So would I still put the thermostat only 2 inches from the light bulbs?? How close for the fan???

Sorry for all the questions:oops: This is my first one and I need it to be up and running by next Tues !!! Wish I would have started earlier but just got this brainstorm when I saw the tubs were on sale:he

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom