WATERFOWL EGG SWAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: To trade with a specific person you can PM them for a side swap. Otherwise, it looks like you will be eligible to join in this swap chain on 6/1. You would simply post "MINE" when something you want is offered & make your offer. The person you claim from pays to ship to you & you pay to ship to the person who claims yours.

New BYC swap rules - No paypal or other monetary swap transactions allowed -

Swap Rules

Swaps may be created in the Swaps section of the BYC forum only. Each swap will have the following disclaimer in bold at the top of the first post. Swaps started without this disclaimer will be closed.
The owner of the swap may at his or her own discretion bar a swapper for cause. Once the owner of the swap has definitive proof that a swapper has not followed through, it is to be forwarded to terrielacy via PM. The only reason a swapper will be restricted from a thread is for failure to follow through. The Staff may also at their discretion restrict any member from a thread for rules violations. The final call on this will be the Staff's. Otherwise all swaps will be open to all, within BST Rules. There will be no public calling out of swappers and no public refusal to allow a swapper to participate.

We can no longer offer Paypal- so make sure you all plan accordingly.

New BYC swap rules - No paypal or other monetary swap transactions allowed -

Swap Rules

Swaps may be created in the Swaps section of the BYC forum only. Each swap will have the following disclaimer in bold at the top of the first post. Swaps started without this disclaimer will be closed.
The owner of the swap may at his or her own discretion bar a swapper for cause. Once the owner of the swap has definitive proof that a swapper has not followed through, it is to be forwarded to terrielacy via PM. The only reason a swapper will be restricted from a thread is for failure to follow through. The Staff may also at their discretion restrict any member from a thread for rules violations. The final call on this will be the Staff's. Otherwise all swaps will be open to all, within BST Rules. There will be no public calling out of swappers and no public refusal to allow a swapper to participate.

Yep, these new rules now means I can no longer swap since my first offer is always paypal and second being mixed eggs ( I do not seperate breeds )..

But I may still contact those offers I see and offer a side swap

Quote:

Yep, these new rules now means I can no longer swap since my first offer is always paypal and second being mixed eggs ( I do not seperate breeds )..

But I may still contact those offers I see and offer a side swap
I know. Totally sucks for those who don't have pure eggs. You know I will always sell to you or side swap though so you still have me.
wink.png

Oh, Silkie... I'm gonna save you but I don't have a lot to offer at the moment:

Mine on the 6 Hen's Choice (no muscovy please)

Offered:

6+ Welsh Harlequin Ducks (Holderread Line)
These ducks are such sweeties, so calm and happy they don't run away from me but come to me instead (I am the food lady after all). The girls great year round layers and are giving me an egg a day - these are some of my best over-all producers! These ladies have also shown a tendency toward broodiness and I even successfully relocated a nest last year that the little miss stuck right to like glue. As they are also excellent meat birds, too many drakes is not a bad problem to have.

Or

6+ White French Production Muscovy
This is a French improved breeding stock that produces birds 50% larger than our American Muscovy. Very quiet and calm, lay lots of nice big eggs Feb-Nov (then tend to go broody for winter), excellent foragers. Wonderful personalities for pets: boys are super sweethearts; girls are docile... also the best broodies & mamas! (35 day incubation). For meat production, drakes usually attain a live weight of 12 pounds in 12 weeks. My typical dressed weights: Hens 3.5- 4.5 lb. and drakes 8 - 10 lb. (most dress at 9 lbs). High in meat-to-bone ratio, with less weight loss after cooking than Pekin ducks. (I have 13 multigenerational girls covered by 2 drakes; mama's regularly hatch out 12-18 babies!)

Or

6+ Black Cayuga Ducks (Holderread Line) Ships in Late June
Outstandingly hardy, great foragers, and make excellent pets or meat (or both!) averaging 7-8 lbs live weight. These ducks aren't bothered a bit by the harsh winters of the northeast and the girls are good seasonal layers, giving me coal-black eggs early in the season which then fade to a dark grey-green. Mine haven't shown a strong desire to go broody so I usually stick the eggs under a broody Cochin.

Or

6+ Sex-Linked Tuxedo Dux Ships in late July
Our Tuxedo Dux are very attractive and distinctive with their solid plumage and white bib that creates a striking tuxedo pattern. They're relatively calm, great foragers, and produce a quality roasting duck. Drakes will weigh, on average, 7 pounds with hens 6 pounds, and will lay mostly white eggs but occasionally you'll get a girl who lays blue or gray tinted eggs. Males will express with black colored down and females will be either lilac or chocolate (they do not retain this sex-linked characteristic in future generations).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom