WATERFOWL EGG SWAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question, sorry f it makes everything more confusing :p

If we claim an offer, does our current offer have to be something we need to ship asap? Or can it be an offer to ship later?
I noticed that the current offers are list something to ship now and/or something for a later date.
Just asking because my Welsh started laying but I don't want to ship until I confirm fertility. 

Thanks Silkie :)

At least 1 offer needs to be available to ship within 2 weeks (weather permitting). We are currently allowing chickens as that offer as long as you offer something "non-chicken" as a 2nd offer. If additional offers will have a wait please note this & aprox when you expect to be able to ship. This gives the option of getting eggs now or waiting on something you want more. Please try not to have more than 1 person at a time waiting on any 1 pen.

Last edited:
Ill take the Ancona eggs ill wait :-D

My offer is
6+ black copper maran eggs (not very dark they've been laying for 8 month straight)

Or for spring when they start laying

4+ show stock Rouens

Or 4+ call ducks

Or I'm not sure the limit on geese
the seventies should start laying soon

Ill take the Ancona eggs ill wait :-D

My offer is
6+ black copper maran eggs (not very dark they've been laying for 8 month straight)

Or for spring when they start laying

4+ show stock Rouens

Or 4+ call ducks

Or I'm not sure the limit on geese
the seventies should start laying soon

Ok thanks Silkie :)

MINE on the Sebbie eggs! I also can wait :)

Offer:
4 Welsh Harlequin (show and breeder quality, 5 golds and 1 silver with a silver drake) testing fertility now and ready once confirmed. MAY be crossed with muscovy as my drake escaped the muscovy pen but the muscovy don't seem to be breeding just yet. I just don't want there to be any surprises

or

6 mixed chicken eggs. Hens are black and blue copper marans and white leghorn over a leghorn/lakenvelder cross rooster. Also have these in the bator to confirm fertility but I've seen the roo doing "his thing"

Offer:
4 Welsh Harlequin (show and breeder quality, 5 golds and 1 silver with a silver drake) testing fertility now and ready once confirmed. MAY be crossed with muscovy as my drake escaped the muscovy pen but the muscovy don't seem to be breeding just yet. I just don't want there to be any surprises

Drat. Wish I could claim these, but I've already got one swap-mate waiting on turkey eggs, and the rules say I shouldn't promise more than one swap to a pen. Oh well! But I have to tell you that you got me reading, I thought Muscovies were different enough that they wouldn't cross with other ducks, but apparently they do (and I'm the last to know, haha)! I found this little info about Muscovy crosses and was absolutely fascinated. So I figured I'd share! :) http://www.metzerfarms.com/MuleDucks.cfm

Yes, scovies will cross but usually with breeds close to their size. My friend runs her scovies with calls & they don't cross. I ran scovies with runners last year & they never crossed. I think they prefer birds closer to their own size like pekins & rouens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom