WATERFOWL EGG SWAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
[COLOR=333333]Mine 12 Barred Rock eggs from the Good Shepard line.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]Offering-2 Toulouse goose eggs [/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]I have a breeding pair that has been busy and we will put two eggs in the incubator today and see how that goes.[/COLOR]

Sorry the mallards eggs have already been claimed

Mine on the heritage turkeys

My offer:

6 Muscovy duck eggs. Very fertile. (white and black and white) Not available until 4/14

Or

12 barnyard mix (buff orpingtons and red stars with a glw roo, a blw roo, and a buff Orpington roo) available now

Or

Six or more pure buff Orpington eggs. Not available until 4/21

Sorry the mallards eggs have already been claimed

Got to be fast here.
wink.png

Mine on the heritage turkeys

My offer:

6 Muscovy duck eggs. Very fertile. (white and black and white) Not available until 4/14

Or

12 barnyard mix (buff orpingtons and red stars with a glw roo, a blw roo, and a buff Orpington roo) available now

Or

Six or more pure buff Orpington eggs. Not available until 4/21

Updated offer:

I can also do a raincheck six+ offer for when my fancies decide they want to start laying. It would be a mix of serama, polish, lakenvelder, mille Fleur and whatever else I have. I will mark the different eggs.

Or

I have an assortment of the most amazing homemade jams. The offer would come with three of your choice (The blueberry is to die for and is low sugar) There is also strawberry and green zebra tomato jams. As well as apple sauce, apple butter, stewed apples, and dried apples (we had a lot of apples)

wish my scovies would start laying more reliabe, I get a few egs than the weather turns and they stop again.
all my other ducks are to young, should have black east indies in late summer

The good news (for me, at least) is my ducks have FINALLY (over a year old) started laying..I get a measly one egg a day out of 7 girls lol. The bad news is, my ducks run together so I won't have any purebred eggs to offer.
I forget, are we allowed to offer "other" eggs (in my case, coturnix quail..fertility tested, just shipped some off and waiting to confirm their hatchability) as the first offer now, or does the first still have to be purebred waterfowl?

The good news (for me, at least) is my ducks have FINALLY (over a year old) started laying..I get a measly one egg a day out of 7 girls lol. The bad news is, my ducks run together so I won't have any purebred eggs to offer.
I forget, are we allowed to offer "other" eggs (in my case, coturnix quail..fertility tested, just shipped some off and waiting to confirm their hatchability) as the first offer now, or does the first still have to be purebred waterfowl?

What kind of ducks are they? I have a Rouen female and she lays an egg a day. She is my best "chicken". Unfortunately her mate drake Rouen got eaten by my neighbors dogs that came into our fenced yard. I do have a Khaki Campbell drake with her now but I will not have pure breed either.

I have 4 Pekins but only one is old enough to lay and I even wonder if one of the other three is a male or not. He does make hissing sounds instead of quaking but he has no drake feathers on his tail, atleast not yet.

Last edited:
What kind of ducks are they? I have a Rouen female and she lays an egg a day. she is my best "chicken". 

Aw. :) My gals are a Silver Appleyard, Silver Appleyard cross, Black Swedish, Mallard, Mallard/Black Swedish cross, Crested Rouen and Call. The boys are Call, Runner cross, Khaki Campbell, and Magpie (blue and black). They would have colorful babies for sure. :p I believe it's the Silver Appleyard that's laying now. Now I'm looking forward to the Rouen to start!

I read some where ducks have a slower start then chickens. It is hard to wait. Your ducks sound lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom