Watery poop with clear, green and white liquid plus lethargic and not eating much.... what's wrong??

I'm going to give them SafeGuard tomorrow.
Does anyone know about how long before they "should" return to normal? I just want to know how long I wait until trying something else if the SafeGuard doesn't work.

Hey there, I am fixin to dose my 7 member flock with Corid, as advised on this sight for diarrhea, I also bought wazine for worms, not knowing better. My question is what dose should I give in a 4 gallon waterer as this Corid is for horses

I'm trying to find that information out. I'm going to speak with my vet on Monday morning about whether I can do both Corid and worming. The medication he gave me for her isn't working and I don't want her to be miserable.

Ask the vet if there were spirochetes in her droppings. If the vet didn't look for spirochetes, take in another sample for testing. I had a hen with symptoms almost identical to yours and my vet first told me to treat for cocci with corid. She didn't improve. Like your situation, there were no worms in her droppings. The real issue was spirochetes in the bowel and it takes an antibiotic to get rid of them. Below is a link to a thread about my hen when this was going on that might give you some further info as it shows all symptoms and what medications were used.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...in-droppings-but-meds-dont-seem-to-be-working

One symptom I really remember is that my hen was drinking a lot of water. Do you notice your gal doing that, too? The good news is that she recovered after she was treated with antibiotics.

Corid dose is 1.5 teaspoons per gallon. You should see improve no later than 48 hours after starting Corid. You can worm your hen with Safeguard and then begin the Corid immediately.

Wazine is next to useless in my opinion. Round worms are the only worms Wazine gets.

Update:
On Saturday night Gatsby, the original sick chicken had a semi-formed poop. She began moving around more and ate dried meal worms.
On Sunday she had 4 formed poops and ate some of her normal layer feed and a few meal worms. She roamed around even went up to the roosting pole to sleep.
Today I woke up to 2 normal poops under the roost. I picked her up and put her next to her food and she ate. I also offered her some spinach, which she ate.

Update:

All chickens are back to normal! Eating, pooping, and being their normal chicken-y selves! <3

Back
Top Bottom