We gave the chickens our bedroom! Pic Heavy!

i will have to agree with everyone else. It is a great coop and great recycle project. I may use some of your ideas you did inside your coop when I can get out to mine and start redoing it. I have a big shed that is like a barn that I am using right now. It is is not fancy by any means. We have a row of nest boxes on the right side when you walk in the door, there door to get in and out of in on the right side as well. and we have a long perch on the left side. I am going to take all the perches out and redo them. Thinking of doing removeable nest boxes this time around. Got the idea from other posters to be able to move broody chicks if need be or any sick hens, put a different flooring in mine. So it we be a total redo on mine. And want to add a brooding area as well but not sure how I want to do that as of yet. Definately storage area for feed, shavings, ect. we were going to do that when we brought it in last summer but never got to it.
deana

All I can say is WOWWWW!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

That's an awsome chicken run. Great job and we're never too old to learn something new!!!

Thanks!
big_smile.png

In the spring the plan is to add an outdoor run for the back of the coop where the breeder/brooder area is. We have some chain link fencing from an old dog pen and may use that.

Deana, please be sure to post some before and after pics. It will be great to see.

Back
Top Bottom