We got a package from MissPrissy - What could it be???

please forgive me MP....i am a lil slow....what exactly do i google?...sour dough or sweet dough...i am going to "start" my lil thingie this afternoon i like breads not so much into the cupcakes and sweets...kids or DH wont eat a lot of that

Google sourdough starter or dough starter if you don't want a sweet starter. I use my starter for everything.

If you want to make my starter use the steps in my blog post.

i am going to use your starter...but i want a good bread recipe for once it is time to cook

All I can say is..... MP do you ever sleep? You are such a talented and all-knowing lady....and to do everything you do, and take care of a family with small children. YOU AMAZE ME!

YOU AMAZE ME!

Yeah, meee tooo....
th.gif

Some days I amaze myself. I don't mean that sarcastically either. Sharon and Heather were here today. We did 8 ducks and 3 turkeys and 3 roosters. Can you say tired?

Quote:
We did 12 Cornish, 8 Turkeys, 5 misc roos, and a silkie roo. Drum, PP,
MNC, and myself. Yup tired.
smile.png

I just checked on my new pet in the bowl downstairs. Is yeast supposed
to make a chewing sound?
wink.png

That is so cool, is that like the friendship bread? I have done that before, but have never started it, just recieved some already started!!!
We should start up some and pass it around here to see how long we can keep it going!!!
I also read in Mother earth news about bread you start and keep the dough in the fridge and you can bake home made bread with it, and it says it's faster and easier than the old way with all the kneading! I want to try it! If I do I will let you know how it goes!
Brenda

Ok I need to find something really awsome buy two of them and send them to MissPrissy and Speckled hen for all the help they have given me with this chicken buisness! now to think of something useful that they don't already have or have thought of !?

MissPrissy, I was just reading about sourdough starter last night. I'd really like to get my own sourdough starter going but this time of year my house is cold, and I don't have any "warm areas" since we don't have a woodstove or anything. Is it possible to do this in a 60 degree house? Once you capture the yeast it can be stored in the refrigerator, yes?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom