Wedding photo update~ Don't one person yell at me/ coloring my chicken

I would go with beet juice over Kool-Aid. More natural.

That being said, you need to check with your local ordinances. There was a lady charged with animal abuse and had to go to court in a neighboring town because she dyed her poodle pink (she was a hair dresser an used beet juice) for breast cancer awareness. I don't recall the outcome but I am sure it was a major hassle for her. Some towns have laws against dying animals, including poultry. I'd hate to have a do-gooder turn you in and ruin your day.

I believe beet juice would be very difficult to remove. Someone posted a link for products specifically used on animals, which would probably be much safer and easier to wash out/remove.

Why any community would take the time and effort to make dying your pets fur/feathers a crime...is beyond me. That's a waste of tax payer money. Anyone who complains to a municipality about someone coloring an animal .... they need to spend some time really looking at what animal abuse is and spend their time and energy doing something good instead of being a nit pic.

sorry, this just burns me up. So many animals are TRUELY abused every minute of every day and something like this gets attention. stupid and wasteful
somad.gif

Quote:
I think they are talking injecting...aren't they?
Iam talking about some kind of spray that washes off

Thank u though, CAUSE THAT IS WHAT IAM GOING TO SAY

Thank u

Nope, not in VA. It doesn't matter what type of dye it is, it's illegal.

That's not what the law reads quiltnchik. You need to read it more carefully.

***** 90.04 Dyeing or sellin dyed chicks or rabbits

No person shall sell, exchange, offer to sell or exchange, display or possess living baby chicks, ducklings, or other fowl or rabbits which have been dyed or colored; nore dye or color any baby chicks, ore exchange or to give away baby chicks, ducklings or other fowl or rabbits, under two months of age in any quantity less than six, except that any rabbit weighing three pounds or more may be sold at an age of six weeks.****

Quote:
She wants this photos all black and white..but the silkie pink

I wonder if that couldn't just be photoshopped in.

But then their wouldn't be a pink silkie at the alter
Mmmnnnnnn

Thanks again, just got my mind marinading on things

FIrst off, I have to agree with opting out of the dying of the bird and just dress her up. Yes, you can get the chicken colored pink in the black and white pictures, especially since she is white to begin with.

Second, I had some Polish here and they were so feathered on their heads, I don't think they could see anything! I was amazed they could find food. One got lost one evening and ended up a couple of hundred yards away from the coop the next morning, we never knew she was out all night. Some Silkies are like that too, so maybe she is just blinded and hasn't a clue there is anything else out there except her white plumes. Could be she is just in a trance?
gig.gif

Lastly, feed her some purple cabbage before the big day, someone on here said it turns their poop turquoise.
ep.gif

Oh, but one more thing...You better insist that they play the
D.gif
Chicken Dance
D.gif
for her at the reception!

Oh, thought of one more thing, if you got a pink boa and put it on her, no one would even be able to tell the difference between her and the boa
lol.png
then again,you could just bundle up a pink boa and slap a beak on it, and no one would know the difference. Oh I crack myself up
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Last edited:
I would do it... I have a white layed back silkie... she would love it. She loves to be sprayed and brushed. I would probably dunk her in a bucket with colored water and then use a spray bottle to do her head and touch her up.

I can't say for your silkie, but mine would probably be fine with it... and would probably even walk down the aisle. She loves to be the center of attention at our house and being in the thick of things. We showed her at the Grange Fair last year and she was the only one of my girls who didn't stress out. She seems to like the attention, enjoyed people watching, performed on que... all was good.

Guess it all depends on your particular bird. You can always try it out before the wedding... see how she does.

D

With Kool-Aid I doubt there would be transfer. I dye wool (sheep and alpaca) with kool aid and, after it dries, there's no transfer, even in my sweaty hands when I'm then spinning it.

For some reason this whole thing is making me think of that Ribsy (Ramona Quimby series) book... when his owner turned him pink with baby powder...

Quote:
Nope, not in VA. It doesn't matter what type of dye it is, it's illegal.

That's not what the law reads quiltnchik. You need to read it more carefully.

***** 90.04 Dyeing or sellin dyed chicks or rabbits

No person shall sell, exchange, offer to sell or exchange, display or possess living baby chicks, ducklings, or other fowl or rabbits which have been dyed or colored; nore dye or color any baby chicks, ore exchange or to give away baby chicks, ducklings or other fowl or rabbits, under two months of age in any quantity less than six, except that any rabbit weighing three pounds or more may be sold at an age of six weeks.****

thumbsup.gif
reason for these laws , back in early 60s department store would give away color chicks to children at easter , to get people in the store. One per child , millions die . People didn't even know how to care for them. Ohio and alot of states passed laws that cant sell(or give away) less than 6 ,at least the chicks could help keep each other warm.

Tell BRIDEZILLA that she can't always get what she wants!

I agree with the person who said.. she might want to consider that the dye might rub off on her white dress. Put a pink ribbon around the birds neck and call it a day.

Luke13:34 :

Tell BRIDEZILLA that she can't always get what she wants!

I agree with the person who said.. she might want to consider that the dye might rub off on her white dress. Put a pink ribbon around the birds neck and call it a day.

Hehehehehehe LOL BRIDEZILLA LOL I like that !!!!!! if you think that's bad just wait until after the wedding LOL, this is just a sign of what's ahead for that poor Sap she's marrying, That guy is in a serious bind. I hope he has memorized the word's YES DEAR !!!!. I am not even gonna pray for this whimp LOL he's a lost cause.

AL​

Quote:
Hehehehehehe LOL BRIDEZILLA LOL I like that !!!!!! if you think that's bad just wait until after the wedding LOL, this is just a sign of what's ahead for that poor Sap she's marrying, That guy is in a serious bind. I hope he has memorized the word's YES DEAR !!!!. I am not even gonna pray for this whimp LOL he's a lost cause.

AL

You forgot, SUckerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Back
Top Bottom