Wedding Songs

Ours was Kenny Rogers - You Decorated My Life and DH sang in my ear his version, You decorated my wife! 24 years ago, c@$p we're gettin' old!:eek:

My wonderful husband wrote an original song for me and then sang that song. I knew he was writing it but didn't get to hear it until he sang it in our wedding. I bawled. I loved it! He's a music major and has a beautiful bass voice.

Greensleeves were played in our Civil War wedding and my sis in law played that with the hammer dulicmer! Beautiful music! She could not make out the notes for Kathleen Mauroveen song so she had to improvise in a short time with Greensleeves.

For those who never heard of Kathleen Mauroveen, clink on this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQPCBYjcbYw

I
would love to hear a bass voice!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love tenors too!

Last edited:
If I ever actually do manage to get married the song will likely be "The Hallelujah Chorus"...

roll.png

Quote:
So cute! I would be bawling, too.

Hey, a civil war wedding sounds neato. Except the war part
lol.png
I'm joking. I love that time period. Were there huge hoop skirts and everything?

yes, the hoops, petticoats and I had on a plaid skirt with white shirt and zoauve jacket. Had all my hair done and stuff like that. I wished I can copy a pic out of my wedding album. It was a wonderful day but it was so stressful! Almost didnt get married that day!

Had a preacher signed up two months ago, he was so late in the afternoon....his horse trailer blew two tires and had to find help holding his horses and changing tires...My matron of honor (who portrayed Mrs Lincoln) knew of a preacher that I never knew about was one at the sultery. He was more than happy to perform the ceremony and his payment for his services iare two strawberry shortcakes loaded with whipped cream!
tongue.png
And my hubby's best man didnt show up at all and we had to use our commander as his best man...We didnt know why his best man didnt show up nor called us that he coulc not make it...he was being shipped out to Iraq at the last minute. GRRRRRRRRRR! But luckily, everything went well!

Got married almost 11 yrs ago now. "Take My Breathe Away" by Berlin was our wedding song. "Disco Inferno" by the Trammps played while he removed my garter.

Back
Top Bottom