Weird feathers

ShellLea

Chirping
7 Years
Sep 25, 2012
Canton, Ohio
Anyone know what's going on here? Two week old chick from Ideal. No idea what breed as I ordered an assortment.

? silkie? I've never had silkies, but wondering if it may have silky pattern. Knowing what breed it is will give a lot of information about what you are seeing in the feather pattern. If I recall correctly, silkies have feathered feet.

? silkie?   I've never had silkies, but wondering if it may have silky pattern.  Knowing what breed it is will give a lot of information about what you are seeing in the feather pattern.  If I recall correctly, silkies have feathered feet.  

I'm thinking it might be a bad quality silkie after comparing the feathers to ones I've seen online. It has slate legs and a yellow beak so if it is a silkie I don't see how Ideal can say they breed to standard.

If it has five toes and feathered legs, I'm thinking silkie.

No hatchery ever says the breed to the Standard.

I have two silkies from Ideal. Neither are bearded, they're barely crested, one has five toes on one foot, and four on the other. The hen has very lightly feathered legs. Definitely hatchery quality.

If it has five toes and feathered legs, I'm thinking silkie.

No hatchery ever says the breed to the Standard.

I have two silkies from Ideal. Neither are bearded, they're barely crested, one has five toes on one foot, and four on the other. The hen has very lightly feathered legs. Definitely hatchery quality.

Agree, do a toe count & check out the color of it's skin/feet, Silkies should have 5 toes on each foot & black skin.

Back
Top Bottom