Weird Noise When Hen Shakes Head....

I heard it. It sounded like a wet rattle. No idea what is is..sorry. Do silkies have wattles under all that poof? Could they be smacking against her neck or chest if she’s pulled feathers to brood?
She doesn't have any wattles. I almost wonder if it's her beak smacking someway, haha. There can only be so many potentials and I can't find anything online other than a few posts on here.

I was leaning more towards VetRX since that's all natural, just not sure if I should have her drink it or rub it around her comb since she's been rubbing her face more her normal on the ground.
You can use Corid just in a controled quantity. I think it's like a teaspoon per gallon of water, but I think you might want to make sure. You can give it to anyone on the flock and coccidiosis is just a possibility that's why I suggested it.

My rooster was stung by a wasp and shook like that, but no noise. Sorry I can’t offer any useful advice other than agree to rub some VetRx on , but a least she looks healthy.
Hope you get answers

So it's the earlobe that's electric blue and their waddles are in fact black
silkie-blue-ears.jpg

That's what i'm hoping! Is corid ok to use even if I'm not sure. I've never had to medicate for anything so far and it makes me nervous! Would I need to give it to the whole flock?

I was leaning more towards VetRX since that's all natural, just not sure if I should have her drink it or rub it around her comb since she's been rubbing her face more her normal on the ground.
Corid is for coccidiosis, not this.
Vet rx is just a vicks rub for chickens, it's a placebo. It may alleviate symptoms but it won't treat anything. Natural doesn't mean safe.
It just sounds like wattles, nothing to worry about

Back
Top Bottom