Weird Noise When Hen Shakes Head....

I'd suggest poultry dench or Corid for her water. Also it could be just a normal thing that comes and goes like a bad habit. I actually see my chickens doing it on spring days when allergies are really bad and it makes me wonder if chickens get allergies too. Also my broody hen did that alot last year around the middle of incubation can't remember if allergies were bad at that time or not.

You can use Corid just in a controled quantity. I think it's like a teaspoon per gallon of water, but I think you might want to make sure. You can give it to anyone on the flock and coccidiosis is just a possibility that's why I suggested it.
I would not treat with Corid. It's not an antibiotic, it is not an antihistamine or allergy medication, it's a Coccidiostat and will not treat anything but Coccidiosis (overload of Coccidia).
Not sure what a controlled quantity means? There's correct dosing and then there's guesses?
The amount you have posted is not correct. I will give you the correct dosing so that folks who read this in the future will hopefully get the dosing correct.
Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powdered Corid Dose is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water given for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.

I would not treat with Corid. It's not an antibiotic, it is not an antihistamine or allergy medication, it's a Coccidiostat and will not treat anything but Coccidiosis (overload of Coccidia).
Not sure what a controlled quantity means? There's correct dosing and then there's guesses?
The amount you have posted is not correct. I will give you the correct dosing so that folks who read this in the future will hopefully get the dosing correct.
Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powdered Corid Dose is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water given for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.
Thanks for clearing that up, I wasn't sure the 100% correct quantity per gallon and I'm so happy that you helped correct my post. Also I said Corid because I thought coccidiosis was a slight possibility and something to consider. But now I'm almost sure it's either skin hitting itself or a respatory/allergy infection.

Back
Top Bottom