WEIRD or ODD Eggs pics!!!! :)

The color of the shell is the last thing to be added - aside from the bloom, of course and occasionally you do get a mottled or splotchy or even speckled egg. That happens occasionally with my Lt Brahmas. I don't know if it is both of them or just one. A few times the egg shell has even felt very rough in spots. What I'm saying basically is that I really don't know anything more than you do except that I have been seeing it for several months. LOL

The color of the shell is the last thing to be added - aside from the bloom, of course and occasionally you do get a mottled or splotchy or even speckled egg. That happens occasionally with my Lt Brahmas. I don't know if it is both of them or just one. A few times the egg shell has even felt very rough in spots. What I'm saying basically is that I really don't know anything more than you do except that I have been seeing it for several months. LOL
Very strange i put this egg in the fridge in a carton and pulled it out later to show my husband. The condensation from being in a warm room again turned it all brown, back in the fridge and after a bit the white comes back. I haven't washed it yet( deciding to leave on bloom and wash as used) but do believe if I do the white will go away. No texture to it at all just color, hence my suspicion it is just extra bloom and not calcium flecks.....these pullets are our first and all just starting to lay, we've only had these two truly viable eggs out of seven in 12 days very excited finally ;-)

We got a variety one week. A smallish brown egg, then a funny little olive size egg that came out a different color (bottom center)

and a weird one where the colored coating was coming off:

don't know what caused this one, but it stopped after a few days.

Very strange i put this egg in the fridge in a carton and pulled it out later to show my husband. The condensation from being in a warm room again turned it all brown, back in the fridge and after a bit the white comes back. I haven't washed it yet( deciding to leave on bloom and wash as used) but do believe if I do the white will go away. No texture to it at all just color, hence my suspicion it is just extra bloom and not calcium flecks.....these pullets are our first and all just starting to lay, we've only had these two truly viable eggs out of seven in 12 days very excited finally ;-)
Yea, whitey laid hers today and it was covered in lil bitty bumps, like someone had sanded it down w/sandpaper, OUCH bet that hurt coming out!!!! lol

We got a variety one week. A smallish brown egg, then a funny little olive size egg that came out a different color (bottom center)

and a weird one where the colored coating was coming off:

don't know what caused this one, but it stopped after a few days.
Wow strange like scratch marks on the egg? But the baskets full are beautiful what colors! Mine are gonna be all brown wasn't thinking about egg colors when i impulsively bought chicks
hmm.png

Yeah, My first set of chickens all laid brown eggs :) Then we got two easter eggers, one who lays the peachy light ones, and one who lays the light green. It is fun looking in the basket, its like easter every day
yippiechickie.gif

Yeah, I think they were scratching at that egg with the mis-formed coating - it was sort of peeling off to begin with, and then they were scraping more of it off. Strange.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom