SoCha

Songster
7 Years
Jul 22, 2016
Canada
My Coop
My Coop
Hello,
I have a Light Sussex, she is 1 year and a few weeks old. She is lighter but that is because she had worms that we treated about 1 week ago with Ivermectin. I don't know if shes molting or something but she is losing her feathers too.

She is eating and drinking well, a little more tired than my other ones but as I said she had worms. But she still chases the younger ones.

I see this kind of poo once in a while, like one day I see the dots, but not the next day. Etc.

My other hens are not exhibiting these symptoms.

She has been having diarrhea for a while now, my question is does this look normal? There are yellow dots around the poo... What are they?
20170731_110338[1].jpg

We gave them Ivermectin a week ago as I said.

In the run they have sand an wood ash. In the coop they have pine shavings, DE, and stall dry.

I also have another pic that was a week ago:
20170728_135931[1].jpg

Thank you anyone who helps me!!!

Look around your yard for something small...looks like she is finding some kind of seed somewhere.

What are you feeding her? Those look like undigested seeds... maybe hemp seeds. Have you tried crushing them? Are they hard or soft?
Judging by the colour of that other poop, it looks like she has some digestive issues going on. I would switch to fermented feed or offer her a probiotic or at least some natural yoghurt to improve the good bacteria in her gut.

I assume you were seeing round worms in her poop? I'm not sure Ivermectin is a good wormer for chickens anymore as it has built up some resistance from what I have read, but it depends what wormers you have available in your country.

What are you feeding her? Those look like undigested seeds... maybe hemp seeds. Have you tried crushing them? Are they hard or soft?
Judging by the colour of that other poop, it looks like she has some digestive issues going on. I would switch to fermented feed or offer her a probiotic or at least some natural yoghurt to improve the good bacteria in her gut.

I assume you were seeing round worms in her poop? I'm not sure Ivermectin is a good wormer for chickens anymore as it has built up some resistance from what I have read, but it depends what wormers you have available in your country.
we dont have many wormers around here, the best thing I could find was Ivermectin. I didn't try breaking the seeds. And yes it was roundworms. Thank you .

Back
Top Bottom