Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

I love my generator and 500 gallon propane tank. Hurricane Sandy and the 2 week power outage exactly 1 year before caused me to install it. 3 days without a shower and the Princess refuses to snuggle. I no longer sweat power outages.

Well by all means, we need you snuggle-able. :hugs

So sorry Shad :hugs:hugs:hugs
They always get the favorites first :rant

I too would rather find them, and agree that a burial is in order i remember your mentioning her odd behavior just recently. If you ever find one whos still alive dont disbatch them immediatly these are some of the best helpers around and they can overcome alot.

Have you ever set traps to tryn keep the predators at bay?
I'm a bit of an expert on injuries now; :( I've had so many, from complete paralysis to stitching talon wounds. There are a few here that are experienced in dealing with injuries but they don't post often and rarely get listened to.:confused:
There is some great advice here for sickness, albeit a bit copy and paste from medical manuals.
Tbh, I wouldn't seek advice here on most health related chicken matters, because I have a really wonderful vet here who has helped me so much over the years and taught me things that are the complete opposite to much of the advice given here. Also, the local chicken keepers I know here are extremely knowledgeable about their flocks and deal with this stuff on a regular basis.
Most of the predator problems here are aerial and you can't trap for those. I live in a National Park and the 'kill anything that eats chickens' attitude from many contributors to BYC isn't really appropriate, or legal here.
The wildlife has to eat as well. In the last eight years I've killed one predator which was a sick pole cat. Injury and death are features of freedom for all animals including humans.:)

Back
Top Bottom