Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

View attachment 1673098 This is how I bury the dead. Neat grave don't you think?
I sat and chatted to Dink for half an hour or so and touched her one last time before I covered her with earth and packed each layer down with the sledgehammer. Her son and three daughters watched from the safety of the bamboo clump at the top of the bank.
There are some Magnolia seeds buried underneath her and that's a Magnolia leaf with a walnut on so she can pay the ferryman.:).

So sorry Shad. I like the way you paid your final respects. :hugs

evening all,
power is back on, 20 pages behind you guys, most of the plowing and roof clearing done, furnace back on, no more babysitting the fireplace, sore and tired, DH and pup asleep in their chair, kitty and I in ours soon to do the same, good night and God bless everyone I'll catch up with you tomorrow
Hope you stayed warm and the power stayed on..:fl:hugs
I'm glad it came back on for you!

Power outages are my worst fear right now. The emu eggs are approaching 30 days along when I will finally be able to tell if they are alive and I don't need a power outage throwing a wrench in things, lol.
Hope it stays on! :fl:fl
Happy Valentines Day pond people!

tumblr_o28yi0KWXU1u0n985o10_500.gif

tumblr_o28yi0KWXU1u0n985o5_500.gif

tumblr_nj3umrZpYp1u0n985o8_500.gif

Fizz my Quaker parrot says Happy Valentine's Day too :p

tumblr_nj3umrZpYp1u0n985o6_500.gif

Okay I'll stop with the bird puns now.
I love those! :love
View attachment 1673098 This is how I bury the dead. Neat grave don't you think?
I sat and chatted to Dink for half an hour or so and touched her one last time before I covered her with earth and packed each layer down with the sledgehammer. Her son and three daughters watched from the safety of the bamboo clump at the top of the bank.
There are some Magnolia seeds buried underneath her and that's a Magnolia leaf with a walnut on so she can pay the ferryman.:).
:love:love:love

Good morning Pond Prowlers :frow
fb908242df9ab7fe792fb20b30e3c691.gif

Wow... :th
How's the hip doin this afternoon?
It's was pretty sure yesterday... Today it's not bad . But early in the day I'm okay.... Gets worse the more I'm using it.
But I don't live the type of life where i can just sit around for days healing.
Yesterday was a busy one... Plowing.... Shoveling.... Looked at my nieghbor Dave's plow truck and his daughters Caravan.
Her Caravan has a strange electrical issue.
I told him I couldn't do it....I could but it would be a major repair.... And I don't want to be responsible for ordering a part that cost so much with a possibility that I'm wrong..... The plow truck just needs a power steering hose.... I'll go t that today for him. Even though I don't want him plowing with his bad heart...... But right now everything is plowed. And me a Jimmy make sure we get Dave's stuff done early before he gets a chance to come out and do it......

It's was pretty sure yesterday... Today it's not bad . But early in the day I'm okay.... Gets worse the more I'm using it.
But I don't live the type of life where i can just sit around for days healing.
Yesterday was a busy one... Plowing.... Shoveling.... Looked at my nieghbor Dave's plow truck and his daughters Caravan.
Her Caravan has a strange electrical issue.
I told him I couldn't do it....I could but it would be a major repair.... And I don't want to be responsible for ordering a part that cost so much with a possibility that I'm wrong..... The plow truck just needs a power steering hose.... I'll go t that today for him. Even though I don't want him plowing with his bad heart...... But right now everything is plowed. And me a Jimmy make sure we get Dave's stuff done early before he gets a chance to come out and do it......
I sure hope you can get that taken care of soon.. :fl
You're a great friend and neighbor Phil!:hugs

Last edited:
Geez, don't walk beside the house. Looks like an avalanche waiting to happen!
Yeah I'm gonna rake the roof today.... The metal roof let's the stuff slide down.
I've never had to rake it yet...... And don't have to now. But I think it'll be a good thing to do anyways. That roof I built 20 years ago. It's built with 2x6" and 2x8" lumber.... And we (my brother and I) used 2x4's for perlings..... The house will fall down a100 years before the roof goes to heck....:lol:

So sorry Shad :hugs:hugs:hugs
They always get the favorites first :rant

I too would rather find them, and agree that a burial is in order i remember your mentioning her odd behavior just recently. If you ever find one whos still alive dont disbatch them immediatly these are some of the best helpers around and they can overcome alot.

Have you ever set traps to tryn keep the predators at bay?
Not sure how I feel.... I've been so lucky so far.
Or just good about making sure they are locked up tight.
But luckily I've not had issues during the day when they are out.

Back
Top Bottom