Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

And if you all will allow me.... Can I whine for a second...?

Go right ahead!

I love my grands kids. .... But darn it I want to spend some time with my son as well.

PASS THE CHEESE..... I'LL WASH IT DOWN WITH MY WHINE..!!!!

That bites! :hugs

What’s wrong with it? :confused:

:lau

I don't see the problem; has that "lived in" look.

Why thank ya! :old. We do most definitely live here

Any cars up on blocks ? You qualify !

Actually NO. But we DO have a couple of nonfunctioning vehicles.

:lau

Here I was procrastinating... kid 5 ran in the house trying to get kid 3 to come out and shoot the weasel that got into spouse's car. :lau. Kid 3 said nope... not shooting INTO the car. Just let it out.

Ok... Seeing that no one at this early hour objected... Here goes.
I would really just once like to see my son without them running out ditching the kids with us. We don't get vacations so we generally just come down on the weekends once in a while.
We got in yesterday at 6 pm. Kids got home from work at 7. We sat here with the grands till they showed up. Jeremy ran me to the parts store and we came back here.
I sat down ..... And my wife says to me. "We're watching the kids tomorrow."
So let me get this straight.... We are only going to be here Saturday.... Cuz Sunday we are going to head over and spend that with my other son and grand kids.
But now we apparently will be here watching the grands while they go out on the town this evening.
Now.... I've gotten scolded on this thread before because I was complaining about just feeling like a babysitter..... But can you get my point.
I love my grands and do spend a lot of time with them..... But dang it...I would also like to spend some time with my son.
A few weeks ago when they dropped the grands off for the week at the house.... They dropped them off on Friday.... Took off and ran around Marquette for the weekend (they had rented a four bedroom Cabin on Big Shag Lake). They came back to pick up the youngest (Alice) on Sunday. Never spent any time with us...(We know out DIL doesn't like to come to our place as she grew up in a wealthy household).. Today they have some running around to do.... Then they are taking off bar hopping for the evening ..... We are getting up in the morning and going to my other sons house.
I guess my thought is.... If you don't wanna spend time with us... Quit inviting us.
He did this same thing to his brother.. Treated him like his personal baby sitter/ dog watcher........ Now they don't talk anymore.
My wife and I never went out when the kids were growing up. And when Kacy was little the boys got stuck watching her once in a while..... But not a lot.
I love my grands kids. .... But darn it I want to spend some time with my son as well.

PASS THE CHEESE..... I'LL WASH IT DOWN WITH MY WHINE..!!!!
Tbh Phil, it's one of the penalties of the nuclear family lifestyle. Family is a lot cheaper than a babysitter.
There are still a few families here that have multiple generations living on the same plot of land. It's enabled them to keep the land managed.

I was reading about best ways to get rid of ground moles. I don’t want to use any traps or chemicals, so I read spent coffee grounds can work sometimes. I figure it’s worth a try. Will chickens or ducks mess with coffee grounds, or will it hurt them if they do? Pigeons too, there’s a couple tunnels in the Pigeon loft.

I don't think anyone else here gets those. :confused:

The chickens don't eat them?

I was reading about best ways to get rid of ground moles. I don’t want to use any traps or chemicals, so I read spent coffee grounds can work sometimes. I figure it’s worth a try. Will chickens or ducks mess with coffee grounds, or will it hurt them if they do? Pigeons too, there’s a couple tunnels in the Pigeon loft.
Coffee grounds go in the compost here and the chickens don't eat them.

I'm always interested in peoples 'junk'. To me 'junk' rather than bin bags full of rubbish and empty pizza cartons dumped outside means the people who live on the property do stuff. If you've got a half dismantled tractor in you yard it isn't there because you went shopping and thought wouldn't a tractor look nice next to the pot plants.:p
It seems to me fewer and fewer people can actually 'do stuff'. My nephews and nieces can't do squat. When I fix something or make something I get asked 'where did you learn to do that?'
Fine, they learn how to pass exams but I've done that to. What they don't have are practical skills, or it seems any desire to acquire any.
It seems that instead of fixing things it's easier to chuck them out and/or buy a new one. This is the consumer society at work. The problem is, is people are becoming more and more dependent on the skills of a smaller and smaller section of society. Some of my 'friends' are constantly complaining that they have to pay stupid money to get their car fixed, or their garden done, or a new window put in and are always at work trying to earn the money to pay other people to do stuff for them.
Junk, tools etc.yep I'm all for it. If you've got lots it means you can do lots.:)

Back
Top Bottom