Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

4 AC's this batch... just waiting on 1 last OEGB mix...

Never planted garlic either, Friday, but always seem to have wild chives everywhere I've lived, lol... good luck...
smile.png

Will be interesting to see what happens with it. I've got to figure out what kind of fencing to put up. For some reason there are less coyotes around here so the rabbit population is booming. Don't want to put a ton of work into the garden just to have the rabbits eat it all.

My inlaws came over to cheer me up and brought over meatloaf for dinner. saw their new chi puppy Duke-hes so small! Just waiting on dinner with a glass on wine. Also candled my serama eggs that came a week late. Out of 62, 42 are a possibility at day 6 so I am good with that. I will be happy if 20 hatch! Pigeon-my "pet" serama is broody again but she can't handle all the eggs under her! I wish I would have marked them. Really want the ones from Fuzz and Peck! I guess we will see... I think I may be done hatching except for my broodys until I find out more about my hand. Bill's plate is already full and he does the big work on my birds since I've been hurt but i do all the small feeds and waters and deal with hatches and pasty butts and such. I think he is afraid to handle chicks smaller than quarters!

My inlaws came over to cheer me up and brought over meatloaf for dinner. saw their new chi puppy Duke-hes so small! Just waiting on dinner with a glass on wine. Also candled my serama eggs that came a week late. Out of 62, 42 are a possibility at day 6 so I am good with that. I will be happy if 20 hatch! Pigeon-my "pet" serama is broody again but she can't handle all the eggs under her! I wish I would have marked them. Really want the ones from Fuzz and Peck! I guess we will see... I think I may be done hatching except for my broodys until I find out more about my hand. Bill's plate is already full and he does the big work on my birds since I've been hurt but i do all the small feeds and waters and deal with hatches and pasty butts and such. I think he is afraid to handle chicks smaller than quarters!

I think those tiny chicks would make me nervous, too.

:love  Do anything differently with the AC eggs?  CJ told me they often hatch a bit early.

I run them the same as the rest... very low humidity or I get some DIS or very late quitters due to too much fluid retention... most of mine are hatching spot on day 21... sometimes half wait almost til day 22... :confused:

That is impressive! The planets must have been in alignment!

Yup... I'll hopefully have eggs for you and however many hens you want, but gonna have to downsize as much as possible... selling off a bunch right now of many breeds... we're in a bit of a bind... :/

Nice!! And I understand the tiny chick thing, lol... Shade doesn't like to handle our new hatch Calls either, he's afraid he'll break them... :gig

I run them the same as the rest... very low humidity or I get some DIS or very late quitters due to too much fluid retention... most of mine are hatching spot on day 21... sometimes half wait almost til day 22... :confused:
Yup... I'll hopefully have eggs for you and however many hens you want, but gonna have to downsize as much as possible... selling off a bunch right now of many breeds... we're in a bit of a bind... :/
Nice!! And I understand the tiny chick thing, lol... Shade doesn't like to handle our new hatch Calls either, he's afraid he'll break them... :gig

You still have the SDW project birds?

Back
Top Bottom