Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Okay who let the penguin in.... Brrrrr
It's cold on my side of the pond tonight

Here too... Peg is keeping my feet warm though, lol...

Guess who needs to clean her incubator and figure out where to brood chicks after New Years? :gig

:lau

Rav?, WV? ;)  What you planning on hatching? 

I have Paint Silkie eggs from Ruby still cooking... stuck in a doz Call eggs, dunno if they're even fertile or viable...

And might have found a rather large stash of big duck eggs today that Shade might have encouraged to plop into the bator... :gig

Guess I'll try my hand at vent sexing ducks for the beginning of the year...

Here too... Peg is keeping my feet warm though, lol...
lau.gif

I have Paint Silkie eggs from Ruby still cooking... stuck in a doz Call eggs, dunno if they're even fertile or viable...

And might have found a rather large stash of big duck eggs today that Shade might have encouraged to plop into the bator...
gig.gif

Guess I'll try my hand at vent sexing ducks for the beginning of the year...

lol.png
- you are one crazy hatcher!

Since my roo departed a couple of days ago, and i culled some of my (so called) layers, I'm seeing that some others are slowing down in their laying. Me thinks its time for those to be culled and than I get 2 more "araucana" pullets. It seems that we all have to have something to look forward to in our crazy little world and its amazing what we can justify to ourselves as being necessary
big_smile.png

:lol:  - you are one crazy hatcher! 

Since my roo departed a couple of days ago, and i culled some of my (so called) layers, I'm seeing that some others are slowing down in their laying. Me thinks its time for those to be culled and than I get 2 more "araucana" pullets. It seems that we all have to have something to look forward to in our crazy little world and its amazing what we can justify to ourselves as being necessary:D

Nah, crazy was last winter... hatched Calls all winter long... think it was around a hundred or so? :oops: :gig

I've always wanted Paint Silkies and the Calls are just to see what we might get now... most of the big duck 'lings will probably be sold off...

Nah, crazy was last winter... hatched Calls all winter long... think it was around a hundred or so?
hide.gif
gig.gif

I've always wanted Paint Silkies and the Calls are just to see what we might get now... most of the big duck 'lings will probably be sold off...

So this is a "moderate" or "quiet" winter so far? I'm pretty sure that those you will sell will be replaced (be it in egg, chick, or adult form
wink.png
)

Thanks re: the "pretend" araucana - I might leave that until after Christmas though.

So this is a "moderate" or "quiet" winter so far? I'm pretty sure that those you will sell will be replaced (be it in egg, chick, or adult form ;) )

Thanks re: the "pretend" araucana - I might leave that until after Christmas though. 

Eh, not the big ducks... we won't keep a bunch of them, just a few, ever... they free range with the Calls and if there's ever an issue with them molesting the little guys they'll be history quick...

Numbers gotta go down for a while... seriously considering dropping a couple more breeds... definitely cutting some groups down drastically...

Eh, not the big ducks... we won't keep a bunch of them, just a few, ever... they free range with the Calls and if there's ever an issue with them molesting the little guys they'll be history quick...

Numbers gotta go down for a while... seriously considering dropping a couple more breeds... definitely cutting some groups down drastically...

What breeds are on the chopping block?

Araucana bantams, Lav Orp/Australorp cross project... going to pare down Ohiki, Silkies and Araucanas as well... maybe OEGB's a bit too...

Thats a lot of chopping! If i had to chop one bird for each breed you mention, I'd have no chickens
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom